Thread: Very strange not to be working on a display

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very strange not to be working on a display

Since I pulled the plug last year, I have found it kinda strange not working on what should be going up soon. I took 2016 off but I knew I would be returning in 2017. Now I don't have the return mentality it is weird.

Anybody else in that situation?

Do you find that you feel strange about now? ha ha..

Why are we still on these boards?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Very strange not to be working on a display

I hear you there, Craig!
    I have all my "stuff" but have not put up a display for some time and now looks like health and some other issues are going to prevent me from doing it ever again! I would love to do it but just seems that circumstances, finances, and health have all come into play against it along with life in general at times as well!

I am starting to have trouble remembering things and my arthritis is getting so that it is tough to solder or work on smaller items anymore.

I hate to get rid of my display items but looks like probably next spring unless something drastic changes, I will sell it all off as well as my "inventory" of electronics parts, gadgets, and whatnot. Guess it is just time to let it go. I don't answer much on these boards anymore but just skim them in the morning to see what everyone else is up to pretty much.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sort of the opposite of you, I feel like if I didn't put up my display I would absolutely hate the Christmas season and be even more grumpy than I already am.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs

Christmas Lights On 16th Street - Facebook Page
    Christmas Lights On 16th Street - YouTube Page

Moved Beginning Of 2018, New Display With A New Name Coming End Of 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Protege94 View Post
    I'm sort of the opposite of you, I feel like if I didn't put up my display I would absolutely hate the Christmas season and be even more grumpy than I already am.
    Ha ha.. it is surprisingly calming actually.. I think that is the weird part..

Post Thanks / Like

I could possibly help cure this for you by imploring you and your creative talent to venture up here to Canada and help get these props perfected and made available . j/k

I doubt I will have time to focus on a display for this year , maybe some random lights .

Enjoy your free time .

6. Likes plasmadrive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a bunch of upgrades going in this year, but at 76 I'm thinking that may be the last money I spend on this hobby. The physical part of the hobby seems to get harder every year now. Will not quit until I have to, but probably no more upgrades and may start thinning things out now. My kids are not interested although there is one grandson who wants to get involved (so he says, I'm waiting.....)
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

8. Thanks angus40 thanked for this post
    Likes angus40, plasmadrive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnealand View Post
    I've got a bunch of upgrades going in this year, but at 76 I'm thinking that may be the last money I spend on this hobby. The physical part of the hobby seems to get harder every year now. Will not quit until I have to, but probably no more upgrades and may start thinning things out now. My kids are not interested although there is one grandson who wants to get involved (so he says, I'm waiting.....)
    76 awesome .
    You are dedicated and admirable !
    Much respect
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Just because you went to the "Dark side" it's not entirely bad, we just have better cookies!
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

11. Likes plasmadrive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i AM DARK THIS YEAR, BUT i COULD NOT RESIST TALKING MY PARENTS AND SIBLINGS INTO HAVING PARTS OF MY SHOW IN THEIR YARDS. sTATIC STUFF BUT IT WILL BE THERE.

Sorry for the caps.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.