Thread: Does my setup / design plan look like it will work well??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does my setup / design plan look like it will work well??

Just looking for opinions and suggestions on my plan. Here's what I've got, done so far, and my plan for Christmas.

I have a GC1500 box that contains my Raspberry Pi with a Falcon Picap, 12v power supply, FM transmitter, & an F8-Distro board.
    And another GC1500 with 12v power supply & Falcon F16V3 controller.
    And another GC1500 with 12v power supply & an F8-Distro board.
    (Also have a 4 string differential receiver board not in a box yet, all my props are fairly close together, so haven't needed to deploy it yet!)

For the 4th of July I ran a small show, 2 sequences with Xlights using FPP on the Raspberry Pi. Props were 800 pixel tree with 90 pixel star, and 3- 150 pixel stars. (Boscoyo)
    I ran the tree from 8 ports (100 pixels/ port) of the F16V3, and each of the other props from their own ports from the F16V3 also simplicity with my first show.
    I ran at 30% brightness since I was running a LOT with the one power supply in the F16V3 box,,, and they were PLENTY bright enough!!

For Christmas I'm adding 4 medium arches (128 pixels), roof outline (215 pixels), & 4 poles (66 pixels each pole)

What I'm thinking of doing for Christmas is running my 800 pixel tree from 1 port of the Falcon Picap board & obviously power injecting where needed, and running the tree star from the other port on the Picap board. Then running my other props, arches, roof outline, 3-stars & 4 poles from the F16V3. Probably use 7 or 8 ports, and power inject if / were needed.

Trying to utilizing my Picap outputs, and controller a little better so I have room for some expansion later.

Anyone, please feel free to offer your experience, expertise, suggestions, or opinions on my plan!! I'm still fairly new to the hobby!

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does my setup / design plan look like it will work well??

My only critique would be having you FM Transmitter in the same enclosure as computer and Power Supply. I have also been told you should have your transmitter some distance from your electrical if possible.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does my setup / design plan look like it will work well??

Thanks!! That is defiantly one of my concerns!! I plan on doing some testing,,,,,,,,,,,, hopefully this weekend to evaluate that exact situation!

Thank you for your input!! (Any other input from other experienced PRO"s out there?!?!?)
    Mat
    Last edited by MW18; 08-23-2018 at 09:56 PM.