Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with DMX LED Wall Washers and ENTTEC ONPEDMX USB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help with DMX LED Wall Washers and ENTTEC ONPEDMX USB

I just got 3 wall washers. Spec Sheet images below (image uploader wouldn't work for me here).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sCGMUpHmDUksc6LW9
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/bkBuDmQtpJQm9YSBA
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/cmQ8jctiDk2PHb9i9

I have an Enttec openDMX USB, with a converter from 5pin to 3pin. Then the 3 pin into Left 3 pin (female) connector on the Wall Washer.
    I have set vixen up with an Open DMX in display setup with 512 channels.
    I set up a single element with RGB Capabilities in Color changing.
    I select chan 1-5 on the OpenDMX and PATCH the new element. Only 1-3 on DMX turn green. I was expecting 5 since there is 5 channels on the LED 1=R 2=G 3=B 4=intensity 5=strobe

When I open the sequence, and tell that element to turn on, nothing happens, any color... what am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Help with DMX LED Wall Washers and ENTTEC ONPEDMX USB

I am pretty sure this is an unsupported configuration. Vixen doesn't know about five channel lights. I think you are going to treat channels 4 and 5 as single color props to vary the intensity and set the strobe effect.

Post Thanks / Like

What do each of the 5 channels do? Thatís something you need to know to get this done.

If you made one element and made it full color RGB, then you have 3 patch points to start with. Those should be patched to the red, green and blue channels respectively. Then you have two more. Depending what theyíre for will determine what youíll need to do with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What do each of the 5 channels do? That’s something you need to know to get this done.

If you made one element and made it full color RGB, then you have 3 patch points to start with. Those should be patched to the red, green and blue channels respectively. Then you have two more. Depending what they’re for will determine what you’ll need to do with them.
    Hi Jon,

OK so Chan 1,2,3 are RGB. Chan 4 (0-255) is intensity, chan 5 (0-255) is Strobe.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. So youíve got the rgb part down. You can safely ignore strobe. But youíre going to need to deal with the intensity channel. The easiest way to deal with it is to make sure itís at 100% whenever any rgb value is being sent. To do this in vixen youíre going to need to do some manual patching.
    In display setup switch the center pane to graphical view. Select the element on the left and the first 4 channels on the right. You should see the blocks populate in the graphical view. You will then need to manually create a new dimming curve filter. Do this with the add icon at the bottom of the center pane. (Not in the property area in the left pane) I forget if it makes you configure the new curve right away or not so the curve config and patching steps are interchangeable.
    To patch this filter in, use the right mouse button and drag lines from the element to the filterís input. And from the filterís output to the 4th output channel.
    Configure the filter to be a flat line from 0, 100 to 100,100. This means that any value on the element will be converted to 100% and sent out the filterís output. That value in turn gets sent to the master intensity channel for the fixture.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok let me try that. Thanks J!

Post Thanks / Like

Capture.JPG

Like this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    Capture.JPG

Like this?
    Yep. But donít forget to double click on that filter and configure it to a flat 100%

Post Thanks / Like

OK yes I did that. When I add Blue to sequence, as set level. Nothing turns on. any of the colors. Capture2.jpg

Capture3.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Am I supposed to assign Channel 1 to R channel 2 G ect.. i dont see where to do that.

How does it know DMX universe? How does it know Red is 1 G 2 ect

Update: So i test the light in q light controller plus. Works no problem. then close out og that an launch vixen, everything set up (i think) and i have the USB in should turn on the lamp in a sequence? I have effect preview on.... I think thats what its for?

Capture4.JPG
    Last edited by Ruthless; 08-23-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast