Thread: Looking for E12 base (candelabra) dimmable instant on 6+W bulbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for E12 base (candelabra) dimmable instant on 6+W bulbs

I upgraded the lights in my two blow mold candles to LED bulbs last year that I bought from Lowes. I believe they are the 60W equivalents (6W), but they are slow to light when incorporated in my show. I would like to replace them but lack the search terms needed to find the right bulbs.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Looking for E12 base (candelabra) dimmable instant on 6+W bulbs

Hey Tom,

Not sure if these will work for you but I bought a bunch for my blow molds and they work great! Fully dimmable and not one failure in all that I have bought. I have 160 blow molds and have replaced the old incandescent bulbs in approximately half of them with these so far. I have not run a display for the last few years due to health but have been slowly upgrading my items in case I was able to do one. These "appear" to run just fine and keep up with my music sequences from what my old eyes can see!

https://www.ledholidaylighting.com/c...ementbulb.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bill,
    I was wondering if you have a good source for the sockets and cords for blowmolds. I have about 25 new to me blowmolds that I’d like to modernize. I retrofit about 25 last year with led bulbs and found it amazing how much less power they consumed.

Thanks,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    Hey Tom,

Not sure if these will work for you but I bought a bunch for my blow molds and they work great! Fully dimmable and not one failure in all that I have bought. I have 160 blow molds and have replaced the old incandescent bulbs in approximately half of them with these so far. I have not run a display for the last few years due to health but have been slowly upgrading my items in case I was able to do one. These "appear" to run just fine and keep up with my music sequences from what my old eyes can see!

https://www.ledholidaylighting.com/c...ementbulb.aspx
    I was hoping to find something a bit brighter than a 1W lamp, I currently have 3 6W bulbs in the candles, and was hoping to replace with close to the same wattage.
    2016 - No Display

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dkelly0802 View Post
    Hi Bill,
    I was wondering if you have a good source for the sockets and cords for blowmolds. I have about 25 new to me blowmolds that I’d like to modernize. I retrofit about 25 last year with led bulbs and found it amazing how much less power they consumed.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

I purchased a lot from National Artcraft a few years ago myself:

https://www.nationalartcraft.com//ca...sp?gid=1&cid=1

I know that I bought up all the individual C7 sockets that they had at the time but check with them first! They may have the two-piece sockets that you use with SPT-1 lamp cord back in stock. I just saw that they have the sockets that fit the standard blow mold 1" hole with 6-foot cords on them in stock but I didn't look any further on their site.

I modified some of my blow molds to use extra bulbs. I put a C7 in the head of my choir people and I put 3 of the C7's in my trumpet angels which gave them a great overall glow.

6. Thanks Dkelly0802 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    I was hoping to find something a bit brighter than a 1W lamp, I currently have 3 6W bulbs in the candles, and was hoping to replace with close to the same wattage.
    I find that the 1-watt ones are plenty bright enough for my blow molds and display but understand what you want to have. I have not seen any higher wattage ones (yet) but will keep an eye open for some. Maybe someone else has seen some and can chime in with a source?

Did you try to source through AliExpress yet?

Would you have a picture of the candles that you are trying to find them for? Are the sockets a C7 style or more of a regular "light bulb" size socket? Not sure if I am on the same page in what you might need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    I find that the 1-watt ones are plenty bright enough for my blow molds and display but understand what you want to have. I have not seen any higher wattage ones (yet) but will keep an eye open for some. Maybe someone else has seen some and can chime in with a source?

Would you have a picture of the candles that you are trying to find them for? Are the sockets a C7 style or more of a regular "light bulb" size socket? Not sure if I am on the same page in what you might need.
    Bill,

What I currently have are two of the standard NOEL Blowmold Candles. I replaced the original sockets with Vampire style C7 Sockets on SPT-2 wire. I currently have 3 sockets attached to the cord, one in the flame and two in the body of the candle. The bulbs I am currently using are 6W and have the E12 (Candelabra, C7) size base. What I am looking for are Dimmable, 6W, Instant On Led, with a E12 base. Any search terms you may wish to recommend would also be appreciated, particularly for the Instant On portion of the search.
    2016 - No Display

Post Thanks / Like

I see these 5W ones: https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/20...SABEgLPjfD_BwE

Here is a 7W one but no mention of instant on with it: https://www.bulbs.com/product/7B12-L...2-E12-DIM-120V

Here are some 6W and 7W ones in various styles: https://www.bulbamerica.com/collections/candelabra-led

I understand your "frustration" with search terms as well! I have a heck of a time getting what I want to find located as well. Seems like almost all the dimmable LED bulbs that I see so far are "pretty much" instant on types as well.

Good luck and I will let you know if I come across anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at Dimmable 7.5W Chandelier Bulbs now. There is a lot of talk about compatible dimmers, will these work with Renard?
    2016 - No Display

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    Looking at Dimmable 7.5W Chandelier Bulbs now. There is a lot of talk about compatible dimmers, will these work with Renard?
    Afraid I can't answer whether they would work with Renard or not. I have only used LOR.