Thread: Model Preview not matching real world prop.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Model Preview not matching real world prop.

I created a boscoyo cc prop using the down load prop feature right from boscoyo and wired up like the prop in the preview using the node lay out option. when I drop an effect on the cc and adjust it to how I like it I save and move on. now when I had originally set up the set up the cc had a generic multicast address and starting number. Now I added and changed that address to unicast and proper not over lapping start address. I can control the cc by the test option or run it live by control lights option, the problem is when using the new IP and start channel on the cc other than the generic IP and start channel the effect changes and looks completely different than the original preview. and I have tried this with a test set up and only the cc so I know its not over lapping channels causing the issue. any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you. Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Model Preview not matching real world prop.

I have trouble deciphering that description. The title says the preview is not matching the real world prop but your description makes it sound like the preview is wrong. The first main thing we need to know is does the xLights preview look correct. Because if its really just the real world prop looking wrong then its purely a channel setup issue in xLights or the controller.
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Model Preview not matching real world prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrock View Post
    I have trouble deciphering that description. The title says the preview is not matching the real world prop but your description makes it sound like the preview is wrong. The first main thing we need to know is does the xLights preview look correct. Because if its really just the real world prop looking wrong then its purely a channel setup issue in xLights or the controller.
    Ok after reading what you wrote above I wanted to go back and look at things again before posting back. The preview is what I wanted the effect to look like, but the real world prop was not the same, heck not even the same effect.
    You were correct it was a channel setup issue.
    After creating a new sequence with just the cc in it and no other props I pasted the effect from the other sequence it worked in the preview and the real prop. As I added more props to the sequence it started to go wonky. So I just move some channels around after using the overlap channel function and all is good.
    This is why after a certain amount of hours you need to take a break and walk away from this stuff.
    Thank you for making me think..