Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPixelStick Port issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick Port issue

Flashed with 3.0 and still no luck. Perhaps I have something configured wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    youtu.be/MS6xrEURAps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulmc49255 View Post
    There is no effect with the pixels with the sequencer nor the Testing feature on the Webpage. I have tried several different strands of pixels and yet nothing. Any advice?
    I'm not an expert at Vixen, but is there a control lights tab that needs to clicked to make the light work while in the sequencer? Also, if you can't get the Webpage settings/testing to work, try using a different Browser. I had that same problem when using Internet Explore, but got mine to work using Google Chrome.

Another option looking at your pics, is that using Multicast can sometimes change the IP address on the controller when connecting to your network. I like to use Unicast so it gets assigned the same IP each time the ESPixelStick connects.
    Last edited by Little_b; 07-29-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Post Thanks / Like

Mulitcast doe not use nor care about the IP address, it sends/listens for Broadcast traffic to the specified Universe.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

If the lights do not work using the built in testing Vixen will not work either. Check to see if you are getting voltage at the end of the string to eliminate the possibility that you are not making good contact on the PixelStick connector.

I noticed from your images that it looks like the Pixel Stick is getting data from Vixen, definitely some connection issue if the built in test does not work.
    Last edited by Coaster; 07-29-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulmc49255 View Post
    Wow, I feel kinda stupid. Supper easy fix. I am now running into another issue.
    Everything is programmed, using Vixen as the sequencer, the ESPixelStick is receiving Data Packets, Using Terminals (-),(+), and (D) with WS2811 pixels. There is no effect with the pixels with the sequencer nor the Testing feature on the Webpage. I have tried several different strands of pixels and yet nothing. Any advice?
    When using Vixen as the sequencer, were you able to see data under "Testing->View Stream"? The other test modes, like "Static" should work regardless. Have you tested the pixels with any other controller? Can you provide a link to where you got them? There was an issue last year with newer ws2811 pixels requiring a longer reset time, but that fix was implemented last June - https://github.com/forkineye/ESPixel...515253d38c5L73 (raised from 80us to 300us). Are you sure they're WS2811's or are they one of the compatible chips inside? May require another timing tweak.
    thanks,
    -shelby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12