Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pixel Board

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel Board

Yes, Vixen supports sending show data out via multiple USB adapters AND to multiple Ethernet connected controllers at the same time. Most limitations are caused by the capabilities of the computer you are using to play the show, not by Vixen.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

2. Likes TazChaLet, Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I bought on Amazon a ESPixelStick - Wireless DMX Pixel...

Iíll start out with this and see how far it will take me.

Anyone know weíre to find documentation-for this to integrate with vixen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

you set it up as an e1.31 controller in Vixen.

do a search on here for EXPixelStick and you will find numerous posts with configuration instructions, you will want to use the latest V3.0 release firmware (not the Dev builds)
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizio_buon_natale View Post
    . I looked into Renard controllers but serious documentation is lacking.

You need to look at the WIKI, the Renard SS series is one of the best documented boards, period.

Having said that, the ESP pixel stick and POPs board will set you back 20.00 and will control 800 pixels wireless, the PX-1 is about 35.00 (if I remember correctly) and will control 382 pixels at 230,400 baud at 50ms refresh, an e682 is 109.00 (kit) and will control in unicast mode up to 12 universes or 6,120 channels, and the Falcon F16v3 is 200.00 and will control 1024 pixels per string, 16 strings. There are also expansion and differential expansion boards for the F16v3, but you are still limited to 49,152 channels. There is also the Falcon F48, better if you have your props spread out over a larger area. There are other options as well. A raspberrry Pi running FPP and a Pi hat will also control a significant amount of pixels in a very small package, so you should do some research and look at all your options before buying a controller. I remember seeing a page on the Nutcracker WIKI that compared the Pi's and maybe even controllers that sent e1.31. Good luck!
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Keith & Rupp

Thanks so much for the feedback. I just started reading the wiki and studying about the e1.31 protocol. ďFun reads ;)Ē

Once I get this working Iíll have a better understand and then from there I can look into all the different controller boards.

Also I read something about a e1.31 extender or bridge. Interesting idea that I guess would work for any type of controller.

Thanks again. Iíll post my complete status once itís all finished

Post Thanks / Like

Great news everyone. I bought the ESPS and configured vixen to work with e1.31. I am able to control it over WiFi

I bought the new raspberry pi 3 b+, Iím hoping if I get this sequence to save and import into a falcon pi player it will still work and I wonít need my laptop!

note: I am having issues with vixens default effects. Anything under Pixel lighting doesnít work. Only thing that works on the lights are ďbasic lightingĒ. Iíll open a new thread for that.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12