Thread: ESPixelStick binary development releases now available

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelStick binary development releases now available

I now have a Travis-CI environment setup for ESPixelStick development. What this means for you is that every time a new commit is made to the repository, a new binary release (with ESPSFlashTool) will be compiled and made available automatically (if it compiled). It may or may not work properly, but it compiled This should be handy for those of you who want to play with the latest bleeding edge stuff and not deal with having to set up the Arduino environment and all the project dependencies. Each release built by Travis is compiled against the GitHub version of the ESP8266 Arduino core that was current at that time, along with all other dependencies. Both pixel and serial binaries are included, however the EFU files for updating are not. You can easily create your own EFU files from ESPSFlashTool using the "Build EFU" button. These releases are all labeled "Pre-release" and you can find them here. This is a great time to do some testing and try some things out as we approach the season, have fun!
    -shelby

2. Thanks Kev7274, AuburnLights thanked for this post
    Likes DrewDennis, Kev7274 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick binary development releases now available

Thanks! I love these little things. They are the key piece to all my automated outdoor lighting projects. The more the functionality the better. Plus when light show season starts up they integrate seamlessly .

Post Thanks / Like

is the "puya-patch" included in these builds?
    Errors for fun only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kockie View Post
    is the "puya-patch" included in these builds?
    From what I gather in this issue thread - https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/issues/4061, the patch still hasn't made it into the ESP8266 Arduino Core yet. Whenever it gets patched there, the auto-builds will have it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to built the espixelstick 3.0 firmware using the esp.cpp patch. Problem is I don't have any esp's with puya chips to test. Is someone willing to test it? The image is prebuild and packaged in shelby's espixelstick flash-tool, so the flashing will be easy (i hope )

When someone wants to try: http://www.kockie.nl/espixelstick/

Please leave your comments over here.
    Errors for fun only.