Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Candy Cane Dispenser

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Candy Cane Dispenser

    So did you get it all working and done ?
    Reason I ask is I found another option that I got working today .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Candy Cane Dispenser

    Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    So did you get it all working and done ?
    Reason I ask is I found another option that I got working today .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think so. I haven't installed into the actual display yet, but everything else seems to be golden.

    What did you come up with?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Candy Cane Dispenser

    Quote Originally Posted by toozie21 View Post
    Yeah, I think so. I haven't installed into the actual display yet, but everything else seems to be golden.

    What did you come up with?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I was installing octopi on a raspberry pi zero wireless so I could watch and control my prints remotely when I thought hey this would work for the candy cane dispenser setup toozie was building.
    Pi zero w was 10 bucks
    I found an old usb webcam about 4 years old
    And as long as Iím on my home network I can access the webcam at anytime using octopi software. You could do same just ignore the 3-d printer controls


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Candy Cane Dispenser

    Quote Originally Posted by toozie21 View Post
    Yeah, I think so. I haven't installed into the actual display yet, but everything else seems to be golden.

    What did you come up with?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Iíve been streaming for about 7 hours now and have had no issues at all



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Candy Cane Dispenser

    For about $25 (or $20 on an Amazon lighting deal) you can get a Waze or Yi cam complete with an app that lets you remote view. The cameras come with SD storage slots for optional saving view and the option of a paid cloud storage if you want that. The Waze has a person detection algorithm if you want notifications on people and not motion. Only needs a 110v outlet or USB for power and access to your wifi for notifications. Plus they are compatible with Alexa and INOT
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H3SRXG..._HlWqEbNFW00NY

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Candy Cane Dispenser

    Quote Originally Posted by Braveit1 View Post
    For about $25 (or $20 on an Amazon lighting deal) you can get a Waze or Yi cam complete with an app that lets you remote view. The cameras come with SD storage slots for optional saving view and the option of a paid cloud storage if you want that. The Waze has a person detection algorithm if you want notifications on people and not motion. Only needs a 110v outlet or USB for power and access to your wifi for notifications. Plus they are compatible with Alexa and INOT
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H3SRXG..._HlWqEbNFW00NY
    I have a YI cam in my truck love it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Candy Cane Dispenser

    I did look at those too, but opted against them. The size was one issue, and being tied to their setup was another. I can control sensitivity of motion, recording parameters, cool down parameters, timelapses, etc.

    Those are way simpler than my approach and about the same cost though.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •