Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

I just made the decision that if its not finished its not going on this year, ha, talk about last minute. But I seem to get it done. I shoot for the 1st.
    Mostly C9 Light Show, powered by Arduino. 48A Full On last year. "It feels like a carnival"
    https://www.facebook.com/ItsaDillonChristmas/

2. Likes rtificial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hung my first window frames last night. Hope to get the rest of the frames and eaves done by saturday. If I get lucky maybe I can finish the corobulbs... Still have mapping and sequence issues. If worse comes to worse, I'll just run the color wash test pattern on the falcon. Better that than nothing! LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got everything up and running over the Thanksgiving weekend. Just a few minor problems. On schedule to be starting the show on Dec. 1st.
    Sponge mode on

5. Likes Stormyblade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Having wifi issues with my pixel controllers. Got a new AP coming tomorrow. We always shoot for whenever the Christmas contest judging is. This year on the 6th. Hope to have it all done this coming weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Got everything up and running over the Thanksgiving weekend. Just a few minor problems. On schedule to be starting the show on Dec. 1st.
    Had my stuff up the weekend before Thanksgiving as I was going to be working thru Thanksgiving. This past weekend I was able to fix the last little minor problems and now have 13 working songs in my playlist for a total of 44m58s. Daughter is supposed to finish one last song for a total of 14 songs. I've got 2 cables on the mega tree that are intermittently getting bad data (there are 2 strips will suddenly flash with strange patterns/colors right during a sequence) or have a possible bad connection at the splice that need to be looked at today, but otherwise I'm in good shape!

Post Thanks / Like

Greatest response I heard offline... "I'm still setting up my 2017 show."
    Live, Laugh, Love.

9. Likes rtificial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have not started yet. Thinking about it today. I am just gonna do a couple elements this year. Gotta redo my arches so they really stand out and I wanna try a 30+ foot mega and maybe spiral but the spiral mess me up last year so I left it out. Just having a hard time making that first step this uear.

Post Thanks / Like

My official answer is 1 week and 2 days. I just got it started tonight! My main issue was Audio. Last year I had used FPP with a cheap usb transmitter just fine. This year it sounds like crap, so I finally went back to my old reliable FM-02 and dipole. Sounds Great. now for some troubleshooting of small issues...
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Getting closer. Should have everything going by the weekend. Having some WiFi issues with my router/AP/ESpixels. Hopefully get it sorted out tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

I have house done, just have yard stuff to do (pixel trees, stars, arches). I should have that out tonight after work....it sucks when it gets dark at 4:30 here...
    At least it is +2 here today and hardly any wind, the last couple days were scary up on a 32' ladder in 30km/h winds.
    Next will be testing and praying nothing on house is an issue so I don't have to use ladder again...
    For sure next year is off with pigtails and going with AMP connectors. I found Ray changed the pigtails this year, the ends are now very rigid and not at all flexible as they were in past batches. It is making connecting things 20' in the air a PITA!
    Phil

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast