Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Started putting out props/models this last week and am very close to being finished for my weekend (I work Wed-Fri so my off days are Sun-Tue). Yesterday my wife was helping me get the mega tree pole set up in the front yard to test it -- looks like it will be quite sturdy. I've got to finish splicing in wires for the very recent addition this year, LED strips for arches, make last-minute setup adjustments for them on the controller (tying them in with my 8 mini-trees on a E682), and plug everything in. As an added bonus, because we did Halloween with the GECE lights on the house and the matrix was hung, I don't have to do those things. For my first year of an actual Christmas show (and not something just cobbled together that includes a couple blinky-flashy items), there are (so far) 11 songs total running on a 24 string mega tree, 8 mini trees, 4 arches, 1 4x5 matrix, 1 2x1 Tune To sign, and GECE lights on the gutters and around the garage doors, for a total of about 2500 lights. No, it's not a lot of lights, but for my yard space available, it's hopefully going to look fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    I'm now somewhat caught up with the new prop for the year, and the programs are already in the can.

What screwed me up was: I used a Tub Sealant to waterproof strips of 2811 in silicone sleeves. I started this in March. Come October, tada, the strips stopped working. Turns out Tub Sealant releases Acetic Acid as it cures, and the strip copper got eaten by it. Thus I had to start over.

8 of the 12 2811 candy canes are completed. A few hours will finish the remaining four.

And like every year I get to this point and ask myself why I do this...
    There are versions that do not have acetic acid in them, we used to use Dow and Corning, I think it was 732 or 736 that did not produce the acid. Although it was white.

Post Thanks / Like

Today, tomorrow and Friday are suppose to be fairly nice. Im hoping to get everything put up and then either this weekend or Monday/Tuesday night I can run some test.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so far behind...I'm ahead for next year LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Weather is terrible in Charlotte. Raining everyday and cold.
    So I am behind as well. Starting to set up some stuff in the garage which is is not fun either since is not heated.
    Rocky

Post Thanks / Like

Stars to hang in the trees are pretty much ready, garlands are on their way, and just got confirmed that my order of pixels has shipped.
    Now need to make the frames for the pixels, stick some additional clips to the edges of the windows, make some other minor ornaments, and then test all pixels, fit them to the frames, test again, and put them up. Still a lot of work for a couple of weekend. Everything needs to be up and running by December 8.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in fair shape. The unusually cold weather has slowed me down a little bit, but it also gives me the opportunity to retest a few devices from last year that were acting up on extremely cold nights.
    About half my lights are up with only one prop untested. Other than that prop I'm confident that everything will be ready by go-live on 11/23.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For the first time in years I am ready to go live on Black Friday. I even added some static elements from years past. I wanted to get some of the traditional Christmas feel back.

I have some DIYC Mini Trees I want to get out this year if I can get the additional sequencing done. Thanks to Jchuchla I have my V3 profile and preview back and ready to go. Thanks for your help today Jon!!!

FPP is scheduled and ticking the seconds away until showtime.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Not behind, just delayed untill Dec 6th.... have to work....
    [2017] 32 Renard Channels, 3360 LED Lights
    [2018] 208 Renard Channels, 13240 LED Lights, 2 projectors, and one donkey

Post Thanks / Like

Much less behind since this weekend. Got all lights fit to frames, all frames upon the house, and all tested. Have another 12 days now to get the driveway lights, and all props and ornaments in place.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast