Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

I just looked at my calendar and noticed there are only 25 days until Thanksgiving. I don't know why I thought it was so far away. But I am MASSIVELY behind. This is my first year at the new house so the display needs a serious overhaul. If I was still at the old house I would probably be ok but its going to be a stretch this year.

I still have pieces that need to be built and ordered.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

Took this whole week off work to put up my display.......today its been snowing like crazy outside. So pretty much all I can do is stage everything in the garage and wait until Thursday/Friday when its suppose to be in the 40s
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Post Thanks / Like

Brrrrrrrr
    [2017] 32 Renard Channels, 3360 LED Lights
    [2018] 208 Renard Channels, 13240 LED Lights, 2 projectors, and one donkey

Post Thanks / Like

Rain rain and more rain.. Spent most of the day one day in the light rain doing stuff my woman said y you in rain i said i rather be in a lil rain in the 50s then in rain in the 40s and 30s.. I only have a little left to do glad i did what i did. Suppose to be nicer this weekend hope to finish it all
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

I'm now somewhat caught up with the new prop for the year, and the programs are already in the can.

What screwed me up was: I used a Tub Sealant to waterproof strips of 2811 in silicone sleeves. I started this in March. Come October, tada, the strips stopped working. Turns out Tub Sealant releases Acetic Acid as it cures, and the strip copper got eaten by it. Thus I had to start over.

8 of the 12 2811 candy canes are completed. A few hours will finish the remaining four.

And like every year I get to this point and ask myself why I do this...

Post Thanks / Like

this year i'm making only a minor change to my display - i'm moving to FPP on raspberry pi. I've been running my display from an old off-network PC driving everything with vixen which has always been very solid. Moving to FPP is an effort to simplify access (because my raspberry pi is on my home wifi), and also reduce some clutter, i'm hoping it will be as solid as Vixen has been for me. I'm a little behind because I've only tested in pieces and I have a combination of pixels and old fashioned AC lights, but i'm feeling confident that there won't be any major issues. If there are, my backup plan will be to revert to previous setup - i'm keeping everything from that in hot standby mode.

Post Thanks / Like

Im so far behind. Today the temp outside is 9 degrees currently and today is my daughters 1st bday. So no light items will get completed today. The next 4 days are suppose to be in the 30s/40s so I am hoping I can put in 8-10 hours a day and get it all done or at least 80%-90% done.

Post Thanks / Like

Pecan Grove that's 1 of top place to go for lights around houston i need to make a drive out there. I still have about 75% left on my display.

Quote Originally Posted by EMKLLK View Post
    this year i'm making only a minor change to my display - i'm moving to FPP on raspberry pi. I've been running my display from an old off-network PC driving everything with vixen which has always been very solid. Moving to FPP is an effort to simplify access (because my raspberry pi is on my home wifi), and also reduce some clutter, i'm hoping it will be as solid as Vixen has been for me. I'm a little behind because I've only tested in pieces and I have a combination of pixels and old fashioned AC lights, but i'm feeling confident that there won't be any major issues. If there are, my backup plan will be to revert to previous setup - i'm keeping everything from that in hot standby mode.

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out they are calling for me to get 5-8" of snow on Thursday. That will definitely not help me. I hate setting up with snow on the ground!
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdesign21 View Post
    Pecan Grove that's 1 of top place to go for lights around houston i need to make a drive out there. I still have about 75% left on my display.
    It's a really fun time of year in Pecan Grove - hay rides and traffic on the weekends usually starting early December. Not many in the neighborhood do the lights with music and sequencing, but most of the neighborhood typically lights up and there are some really cool displays. Makes me feel like a kid

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast