Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    We also just moved in to a new, smaller home on a much smaller lot (postage stamp). Complete redo of EVERYTHING! Like Alfred E. Newman used to say - "What? Me worry?)

I lived in Colorado Springs...I didn't think the lot sizes were all that small. Of course, for reference, I live outside Portland, OR, where there are urban growth boundary rules, meaning any home built in the last 15 years has about 5000 sq ft. :-(

For me, I've finally got all my props built. Now it's just connecting it all and sequencing. And, yes, I'm behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that we are in August I am starting to get the feeling that Im running out of time. I need to sit down this weekend and make my annual extensive list of things to get done before opening night.

Should be a long and stressful push to get it all done.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - Hoping For 10,000+ Lights - 4 or 5 Sequenced Songs

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Page

Moved Beginning Of 2018, New Display With A New Name Coming End Of 2018!

Best Christmas Lights of 2017

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine. 4/12 new props built and tested. Sequences and music completed. Same as previous year except for adding Spiraling's "Do you hear what I hear" to replace a EDM song that nobody in the crowd seemed to like.

Post Thanks / Like

A tad bit behind but okay. I completely redid my show, so I have to rework 4 sequences from last years show and finish two more new sequences.

And I have to assemble one more TR24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like we are massively behind but itís hard to tell at this point. Weíre about 75% done on our yard train, I need to make a storage house for it, finish the railroad crossing signs and finish wiring In the trains speakers. Almost completed a motored bike for 5 are building that has Donald Duck and Huey dewy and Lewie on it. Half done with a santa, sleigh and reindeer project for the roof. All new pixel additions and new controllers are built and tested, except for arches which I havenít started yet. Also making the jump for LOR to xlights, finally have the conversion all done and into actually sequencing, but lagging behind in that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Family display since 1982
    Plywood cut outs and motorized
    Over 35,000 lights
    New for 2011
    48 channels of LOR (10% complete)
    Roller Coaster (planning stages)
    Patriotic Mega tree (40% complete)
    Multi-animation skating Snoopy (Planning complete)

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish that folks would stop reminding me of how far behind we are.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    I really wish that folks would stop reminding me of how far behind we are.
    I am with you on this! I am just now starting to feel a bit overwhelmed since I am practically starting from scratch after renos last year. I am full steam ahead in printing my pixel clips on all 3 of my printers and have to build all my window and house outlines from scratch.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

so far behind...
    Second year doing lights, first year doing pixels, still waiting for Ray to ship them. Have the controller mounted and tested in a case, have experimented with xlights, have my layout arranged in xlights, but my show is far from finished, still have to make the pvc frames for the windows and doors, still have to attach all the pixels to the frames.
    My garlands are still in shipping, all battery lights have arrived though. Still have to make my timber log santa and mrs santa, still have to make my melted snowman.
    But, on the sunny side:
    Most of the thinking work is done. Also, we have created our herd of timber log reindeer already, as well a bunch of yardstick stars, and europallet christmas trees.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so far behind right now I can't see the tunnel let alone the light...…
    I already missed Halloween (1st time in 6 years).
    I have 3 X 3d printers printing non-stop to get the clips done and I am still painting conduit and drilling holes.
    Only thing I have done in sequencing is faces, still have all the programming to do in xlights for rest.
    My biggest problem is I enjoy the building too much and I end up dragging my feet because I don't want it to end.
    I can sit there for hours soldering and drawing out my designs but I get so tense when I go to do the sequencing for some reason. I was never like that before, don't know what has changed. LOL
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

For me i feel im never going to get my sequences finished. I am having to redo some things from last year and i am adding a singing tree or 2 to the display i feel like this was more trouble then it was worth, never realized how hard it is to get the mouth to move with the words.
    Wanted to add a couple more songs I never got around to adding last year. and the lay out is different. trying to plan ahead. Halloween is up now so the controller and the box i built to put it in is already in the yard. just has to be moved over about 10 foot for the Christmas display and look like i need about 20 more cords. ran out of channels Really need to buy another 16PC box.
    So thankful to have a vinyl cutter this year i am making all of my Tune in and other signs, finally got a FM transmitter this yr.
    FB @ langleylights

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast