Thread: Snow machine outside in winter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snow machine outside in winter

I have one of those bubble based snow machines that make a snow effect. This one is actually a slightly more professional version than the ones you would get at a Walmart.

I was thinking of incorporating it into my display next year to throw some snow out once in a while. My concern is the cold. I am pretty sure the solution can handle it in the jug, but I am thinking that the tubes and the sock will have troubles. I live in MD, so we certainly will have some freezing temps through the season.

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Snow machine outside in winter

Some of the bubble solution is made with alcohol so that shouldn't freeze. But I'm in Florida and we don't worry to often about freezing.....lol

Post Thanks / Like

You could just hook it up in your backyard and let it sit outside over night and then try and run it in the morning and see what happens. Even run a test for a week or 2.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the same, but I have a couple of outdoor fountains that I keep from freezing by using electric
    heaters for fish tanks. I put the heaters in the bottom and it keeps the water warm enough that it doesn't
    freeze!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amigorick View Post
    It's not the same, but I have a couple of outdoor fountains that I keep from freezing by using electric
    heaters for fish tanks. I put the heaters in the bottom and it keeps the water warm enough that it doesn't
    freeze!
    Battery blankets (electric) are good too, used them to wrap animal water bowls.