Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

How far behind are you on your 2018 display?

I have to completely rebuild my display since I moved. So I feel extremely behind. Plan on taking the whole before Thanksgiving off work so I can get in some serious last minute work.

In addition to redoing my display to fit the new house, I hope to add a handful more blow molds, a 6' nutcracker, small pixel matrix, interactive switch panel that allows visitors to push different buttons to start different shows and a letters to Santa box.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs

Christmas Lights On 16th Street - Facebook Page
    Christmas Lights On 16th Street - YouTube Page

Moved Beginning Of 2018, New Display With A New Name Coming End Of 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

I have one controller box built. No Props, other than 3 out of 15 RGB pixel landscape lights made. :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see, based on the past three years, I am about 2-3 months behind. I've been dropping things from my list of 'to-dos' (including Halloween, sob). But hey, "The show must go on!"

Jimboha
    Springville, Utah

Post Thanks / Like

We also just moved in to a new, smaller home on a much smaller lot (postage stamp). Complete redo of EVERYTHING! Like Alfred E. Newman used to say - "What? Me worry?)

5. Likes Stormyblade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    We also just moved in to a new, smaller home on a much smaller lot (postage stamp). Complete redo of EVERYTHING! Like Alfred E. Newman used to say - "What? Me worry?)
    We moved into a house about double the size with a lot size about the same. Luckily the front yard is about the same size as the old house but the back yard is smaller.

The custom length ext cords I made for the old house are really going to take a lot of time to redo. But I always manage to get it all done.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm adding a neighbors house to our display. I have 10 wireless controllers to assemble, 40 Really Big Lights to modify and a few props to add lights to. I have yet to even pick the songs for this year and my wife decided we should finish the basement this year. I'm a little behind. I haven't even ordered pixels yet. Oh well, it will get done. Hopefully in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster519 View Post
    I'm adding a neighbors house to our display. I have 10 wireless controllers to assemble, 40 Really Big Lights to modify and a few props to add lights to. I have yet to even pick the songs for this year and my wife decided we should finish the basement this year. I'm a little behind. I haven't even ordered pixels yet. Oh well, it will get done. Hopefully in time.
    I think I am sticking with the same songs that I had last year, utilize the same channel configuration and just move some props around. Since this will be my first year at the new house I think the new layout will be a big enough change that I wont need new songs. But come October/early November I know I will want to throw in a new song.

Post Thanks / Like

Been sequencing since the last week in December... Just about ready to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I am finishing my big prop addition for this year, two 7 ft tall singing pixel snowmen, still a couple of steps to go on that project, but most of the puzzles are behind me. I have also been working on revamping my controllers and I am commited to going wireless. I still need to pick up a few ESPixelSticks the next time they are available, but the big thing for me is figuring out how to Flash the ESP modules and actually communicate with them. I am also doing redesign of my controller enclosures, I found a great site www.jdeation.com for creating custom layouts for various enclosures that is a great help.

I sequenced two of my existing songs to add in the Singing Snowmen, learning to use the Phonemes was interesting, but xLights made that pretty easy for me. Still want to add 2-3 new songs this year. If that happens, I will have enough to break my show up into two nights.

So in answer to the query, I am behind a bit, OVERBUDGET, and have more plans than I will actually accomplish, but enjoying every minute of it.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not behind for 2018 but instead ahead for 2019 :P

I have some new additions that will make it in 2018 like adding icicle pixels and pixels to my roofline. I'm still hoping to add a group of mini trees and a p10 panel matrix that may not make it this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast