Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    I normally set up all my lights the week of Thanksgiving (M-W) and do final checks testing either Wednesday or Friday and then start the show on Friday evening. This year my mom's health from her Alzheimer's deteriorated so I spent the week sitting with her and my dad. I had gotten a few things put up on Sunday afternoon. Well long story short she ended up passing away on 11/26 so that week I spent with my dad while helping get ready for the Funeral on 12/1. I spent some time last night with my dad's help setting up my mini-trees, reindeer and getting all the stuff stored in the garage attic down. My goal is to have it operational in the next week or so. My mom loved Christmas decorations and would have my dad drive by anytime they were out in the evenings. All my new controllers have been tested and setup (ESP's programmed).
    Sorry for your loss. It will be an emotional season for you, just remember the things she enjoyed!
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018...How Far Behind Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    Sorry for your loss. It will be an emotional season for you, just remember the things she enjoyed!
    Thanks. Remembering the things she enjoyed is why I got the lights put up and running Saturday night. I told my daughter it was kind of amazing. I converted everything to ESP-01 communication and replaced several SSR's with TR-24's on my arches, added Dirknerkle's WiFi adapters to several other SSR's. Even with all those new things everything worked with very little hassle. Normally I am all stressed out the week of Thanksgiving trying to get everything put up and running for the Friday evening after Thanksgiving. Without that added pressure it was actually enjoyable putting them up and getting things working this year.
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567