Thread: Troubleshooting a 12 volt power supply

Post Thanks / Like

Default Troubleshooting a 12 volt power supply

So I got a few power supplies from ray wu, and when I was testing them I forgot to switch from 230 to 115 on one of them and now it wonít come on.

Iím going to replace it using one I found on amazon, but I would like to have a back up.

Does anyone know where to start with troubleshooting this thing? I canít be that complicated. Itís just a power supply.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Troubleshooting a 12 volt power supply

You can run a power supply set to 230v with a 115v source all day and not do any damage to it. You wont get good regulation and you wont get a lot of current but as long as you don't short it out, you should not break it. If you still have a warranty then you should ask for a replacement.

FYI setting a PSU to 115v and then applying 230v WILL do damage.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Troubleshooting a 12 volt power supply

Agree with previous post. But, if you want to troubleshoot it, there is usually a fuse that has wire legs soldered on (or they are made that way, can't remember) which is soldered on to the PCB (they stick up a bit off of the top of the board). Check to see if it has continuity.