Thread: Has anyone used a hobby priced 3D printing service?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone used a hobby priced 3D printing service?

We have used the commercial suppliers for work, but those guys don't fit my personal non-existent budget.

I was looking to have some drill battery adapters made up for home use. Trying to save my investment cordless tools

Prices from 3D HUB and Printathing seem reasonable.
    Has anyone use them (or print for them)?
    D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has anyone used a hobby priced 3D printing service?

I have. Your experience depends on who does the print and how good they are. My experience was bad enough that I won't do it again. I got several quotes from 3D Hub and picked one that looked like a legit business. It ended up being a guy who met me in a parking lot. He had several prints, all of which were garbage. He did several because none of them were any good. He was also really creepy. That's my experience. Hopefully there are better sources on 3D Hub. I would rather ask a member on here to do the print as you have little more to go on with regards to how trustworthy they are.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used several of the printers on Thingiverse. I have put my 3D designs on the site then had one of them do the printing. I have not had a bad return yet. The site will show you local printers and their prices. Might want to look there.

Post Thanks / Like

A work colleague surprised me with a PLA copy Monday morning. With my positive evaluation of that model I did some more digging... Seems 3DHub dropped many of their fringe suppliers and concentrated the orders to higher volume consistent suppliers.
    Ordered some up in ABS and they are already in the mail- so I'll report.

Post Thanks / Like

Parts arrived- very nice. Close in quality to the service bureau parts I've seen. Will use again.