Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Light tester (3 wire, WS2801, Renard & E1.31)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Light tester (3 wire, WS2801, Renard & E1.31)

I received my board today. It looks awesome. It fit perfectly in the box you speced, cept for a little filing to clear the standoffs. I have it mounted in the bottom half of the box with all the cutouts for the network and data ports. Next is to fit the display. I cant believe you provided all the parts I already bought. Maybe I can pay it forward to someone.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have my box finished. When using the Nexion Editor v053, I never see the baud rate at the bottom. Ctrl +- doesnt zoom in or out, full screen does'nt show it either. I proceeded and set the baud rate. Then sent the Christmas_tester_v3_06182018.HMI file to it. It does come up with the proper screen.
    When powering the board, it seems normal. The ws2811 pixels show all white, pressing any buttons, nothing changes. Calibrate, run, ect. I did try bullets and square nodes 12v, no change.
    Still curious how to setup the wifi compile using Arduino with SSID and password.
    On the settings page, I do notice the Delay parameter only shows the top of the letters. I am using a Nexion 2.8 screen.
    Anyone get any farther than me with any luck?

Post Thanks / Like

If you connect you're LCD to the FTDI and monitor the serial stream you should be able to see if it's still set to 9600 or 115200. If it is, it'll never set the flag in Arduino for any function. Also try to switch TX and RD from LCD
    To compile for your WIFI, save the files provided in a folder of the same name as the Arduino file. Open the file and change to your info at the top of the file where labeled. Be sure to set all parameters for the ESP in Arduino: Generic ESP8266, 4MB (1MB skiffs). To upload press the Reset button while holding the Program button, release Reset and then the Program button. In Arduino select Upload.
    I realize some may not have test equipment or diagnostics, anyone who has a board and screen who should like to send back to me, with info, I'll program and make sure you tester works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=joeytx;496857]If you connect you're LCD to the FTDI and monitor the serial stream you should be able to see if it's still set to 9600 or 115200. If it is, it'll never set the flag in Arduino for any function. Also try to switch TX and RD from LCD

How would I monitor the serial stream? Some specific program? I do have a fireberd data monitor at work. That may identify the baud rate, never tried that.
    What version of Nexion editor did you use? I did try swapping the Tx, Rx lines to the board. No change.

Post Thanks / Like

Fireberd only goes to 64k. I will try monitoring with and O-Scope, measure the smallest pulse width and 1/pulse width will give me a good approximation of the baud rate.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to take so long, I'm on a Carnival cruise in Caribbean. What I did initially was right a small program for Nextion which output a simple stream "1234ABCD" when I pushed a button on the screen. I used Arduino`s serial monitor to verify baud correct and not gibberish.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your trip, it is not a priority at this time, I should be able to figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I did measure the pulse width being sent by the nexion, it is 8.5 microseconds or 1/width= 117,647 hz, so I believe it is set to 115200 baud. On a side note, when testing a diff set of strings 50 pixels, the power wiring got very hot. The wire AWG is too small, looks to be about 26 AWG. I will change it out, but a warning to others.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456