Thread: mounting Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default mounting Question

So Im looking at mounting my lights in PVC and using clips from holidaycoro to mount them, but Im looking at the cornors of my home and it seems like its gonna warp the cornor vinyl by doing this. Does anyone put spacers in to help or how does one mount to the cornor vinyl?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: mounting Question

I mounted my lights in Chroma strips and attached those to electrical conduit. The conduit clips into these (https://www.amazon.com/SANTAS-Univer...ps+for+gutters). The small hook attaches to the corner vinyl and the other end nicely captures 1/2' conduit. I think I used one clip every two or three feet and they did a great job of holding up over a harsh winter with high winds. There was no negative effect on the corner vinyl either (no distortions). Because of the wire protrusion between pixels, I used a second short (4") piece of PVC to space the conduit out far enough to provide clearance for the wires. The PVC is what attached to the clips. I used the same method for mounting under the eaves but used the Lexan Holiday Coro clips (permanently mounted - hardly visible) for that.
    Last edited by ezellner; 06-16-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    I mounted my lights in Chroma strips and attached those to electrical conduit. The conduit clips into these (https://www.amazon.com/SANTAS-Univer...ps+for+gutters). The small hook attaches to the corner vinyl and the other end nicely captures 1/2' conduit. I think I used one clip every two or three feet and they did a great job of holding up over a harsh winter with high winds. There was no negative effect on the corner vinyl either (no distortions). Because of the wire protrusion between pixels, I used a second short (4") piece of PVC to space the conduit out far enough to provide clearance for the wires. The PVC is what attached to the clips. I used the same method for mounting under the eaves but used the Lexan Holiday Coro clips (permanently mounted - hardly visible) for that.
    Do you have any pictures of the under-eaves approach? I am currently trying to decide between J channel and what you just described. What spacing between pixels are you using? Any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to look into these. I found them on Thingiverse. Going to use them for my corner verticals. The designer also has others for around doors.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2765828

Post Thanks / Like

Can you tell what the dimensions are? My corner vertical is probably much thicker than what his photos show but these look awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Was able to Import the design into TinkerCad. I looks like the inside edges are 75 mm each. About 3 inches. So if your corner is a 3" x 3" you can use it. If not, it can be changed. I found I had a hand railing on my garage that fell where the clip would put the pipe. I took the pipe clip and moved it. Then re-did the files and printed what i needed. Gotta love that with 3D printing and software.
    Last edited by mikeh65; 06-27-2018 at 04:35 PM.