Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anyone printed this snowflake?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Anyone printed this snowflake?

    I like Akentut's snowflake but I need a snowflake that will allow the pixels to lay flat. I was going to use this one from Lithgowligts but wanted to see if anyone has had any luck/problems with this design. I will be trying to make a model in xLights for it.

    5dc205d7d2b61f35742cbda15add3797_preview_featured.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Anyone printed this snowflake?

    Quote Originally Posted by freudhawk View Post
    I like Akentut's snowflake but I need a snowflake that will allow the pixels to lay flat. I was going to use this one from Lithgowligts but wanted to see if anyone has had any luck/problems with this design. I will be trying to make a model in xLights for it.

    5dc205d7d2b61f35742cbda15add3797_preview_featured.jpg

    if you aren't already member, take a look at the group on FB. https://www.facebook.com/groups/233383237101011/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Anyone printed this snowflake?

    Thanks. I was not aware of that group but I just asked to join!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdj6107 View Post
    if you aren't already member, take a look at the group on FB. https://www.facebook.com/groups/233383237101011/
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Anyone printed this snowflake?

    Quote Originally Posted by freudhawk View Post
    Thanks. I was not aware of that group but I just asked to join!

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    i am new, (3weeks new), to the 3d printer world. have received lots of help and advice from the group. been printing PLA ok. tried my 1st PETG today. A minus was my grade

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Anyone printed this snowflake?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdj6107 View Post
    i am new, (3weeks new), to the 3d printer world. have received lots of help and advice from the group. been printing PLA ok. tried my 1st PETG today. A minus was my grade
    PETG is easy.....use 2 sheets of paper when tramming bed, depending on brand print around 240 and bed at 70. No parts cooling works good for me as well and slightly less retraction. Once you have it dialed in, you will love printing with PETG.
    YMMV
    Phil

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Anyone printed this snowflake?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    PETG is easy.....use 2 sheets of paper when tramming bed, depending on brand print around 240 and bed at 70. No parts cooling works good for me as well and slightly less retraction. Once you have it dialed in, you will love printing with PETG.
    YMMV
    So far I like PETG, too. But, I did have a part stick to my PEI bed today.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Anyone printed this snowflake?

    Quote Originally Posted by freudhawk View Post
    I like Akentut's snowflake but I need a snowflake that will allow the pixels to lay flat. I was going to use this one from Lithgowligts but wanted to see if anyone has had any luck/problems with this design. I will be trying to make a model in xLights for it.

    5dc205d7d2b61f35742cbda15add3797_preview_featured.jpg
    I printed Lithgowlights' version without issue, in white ABS - scaled mine down a bit to fit my old Prusa 200x200 bed and used 9mm pixels instead of 12mm - static lights with a fade in/out controller on each snowflake, in different colours - worked great for what I wanted! Got my new Creality CR10S4 in April and may print a few more, scaled up this time to fit the 400x400 bed - just have to order some 12mm pixels to fit to it.

    Posted a make on TV with some pics: https://www.thingiverse.com/make:425526

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •