Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused about power supply. 24v PS using buck converters down to 5v.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Confused about power supply. 24v PS using buck converters down to 5v.

I have a couple on the bench for testing. I typically run 5V and testing several elements I run out of 5V ports...so 12 or 24V and a china buck or two works for more 5V ports. Mine seem to have very hardy components.....they keep going. On the bench they are great, but too inefficient and too low of current load capability for me in the field.

Yeah, your issue may be counterfeit to fail like that.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Confused about power supply. 24v PS using buck converters down to 5v.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamron View Post
    Can you give any links/info on the buck converters you're using? I've tried 3 different types and none of them work so far. I order them in quantities of 5 so I have 15 defective buck converters. They don't drop the voltage at all.
    I use these. WARNING. They come set to MAX VOLTAGE. You need to manually adjust them to 5V. I set them to 5.45v-5.50v using my external voltmeter. I run them a bit high but my lights seem to like it. I also glue a heatsink on the top of the IC and on the board under the IC. Without the heatsinks they cannot go above 2A. With heatsinkls they run at 3A very nicely.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-3A-ad...8AAOSwk-1aSHN5

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

I drive 12 outputs up to 60 ft away using that technique. The attached photo shows the parts used in case it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Didn't pay for a sig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12