Thread: Pi, ffp, f16v3......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pi, ffp, f16v3......

So need some help...I'm wanting to have my pi3 wireless to upload files then have the pi run into a switcher which will have all my other boards on it. Also with that said I have a f16v3 that I will want to access from the wireless pi3. If I recall I thought I seen someone explain how they did it all?. Talking through the etho port? How do I go about all that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pi, ffp, f16v3......

Read this post. It helped me out and I am doing the same thing.
    http://falconchristmas.com/forum/ind...ic,4231.0.html

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a particular reason that you don't want to put the pi3 and your controllers on a dedicated wireless router and access them from from that router's wireless access point?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm kinda badly explaining. So I do have a wireless access point along with a 8 port switcher. The access point I was gunna use primarily for espixelstick. My thought is fpp hardwired to switcher (along with other etho controllers) then via wifi I can send new sequences to fpp as well and access the settings of my f16...

Post Thanks / Like

That works without any special changes other than assigning static IP addresses to each component. I have a dedicated router with the FPP on a Beaglebone, F16v3, and F16v2 hard wired to the router/switch then multiple ESPixelSticks (set to multicast) connected to the wireless access point on the router. The IP address for the FPP is xxx.xxx.xxx.001, F16v3 is .005, F16v2 is .006, and ESPixelSticks start at .010 and go up from there. Just set static IP's for each controller and the FPP in the UI for each and you're set.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not wanting to have any wires coming from the house. The wireless access point and switcher will be in the yard and for all controllers and the pixelsticks. Wifi to the RPi for uploading and setting access of f16 but the pi will run the show. How do I set the wifi router up to send the data to the pixelsticks? How do I setup fpp to send the data into switcher and access point as well as acess to the settings of the f16?

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter where you're placing the hardware; configuration is the same.

I've attached a pic of my control board. Ignore everything but the black box (the router/wireless access point) and the BBB with FPP installed on it.
    image.jpg

The FPP is hard wired to the router through the ethernet port (cables run behind the board). The controllers aren't pictured, but when the show is running my F16v3 and v2 are connected by Ethernet cables to the router. The ESPixelSticks connect to the router's wireless access point just like any other wifi device.

FPP is going to send data out on whatever network interface you assign it. So in my case, I set up eth0 on FPP's network configuration as a static IP of xxx.xxx.xxx.101. On FPP's Input/Output setup page on the E1.31 tab, I assigned channels based on what I have in XLights, and set Unicast for the wired F16's (with their IPs) and multicast for wireless ESPixelSticks.

When I want to reach a particular controller, I simply enter the IP address of the controller and the user interface comes up.

You don't have to anything to the router to make it send stuff. Just make sure FPP is correctly configured for all your channels and controllers, and the router will send the packets all by itself. It's no different than how a router "knows" to send a particular webpage to your computer rather than another computer.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant seem to get your picture to load on my phone app at this current time. I will check it out later on my computer. But I understand what your saying. So do I need to go to my FPP settings and "enable routing between network interfaces"?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I understand what you're wanting. Review the link below and scroll down to the section on "enabling routing between network interfaces". I think that's what you're looking for, although I *think* you'd have to put an "outdoor" wireless router downstream of the Pi with DHCP disabled and on the same subnet as the eth0 interface to get a wireless signal out to the ESPixelSticks. Keep in mind that I don't use routing between the eth0 and wlan0, and I'm not a network guy, so I'm not the best person to answer this particular question. You can also ask in the FPP forum on Falconchristmas.com

https://falcon-player.gitbooks.io/fa...l/network.html