Thread: Anyone try this seal spray on P10/5 panels?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone try this seal spray on P10/5 panels?

So im trying to build my P10 display making it as easy as possible to work on it if something goes wrong in winter.

Has anyone tried or do you think it would work using a clear spray sealer like in the pic? if it seals the entire front with 2-3 coats then it may work

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 8.21.25 AM.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone try this seal spray on P10/5 panels?

I have not used it but the FAQ says:
    4. Can LeakSeal® be applied to ABS Plastic or Synthetic Rubber?
    LeakSeal® is not recommended to be used on ABS Plastic or synthetic rubber. These two substrates have been proven to be extremely difficult to properly accept coatings.
    So I wonder if it would adhere to the p10 panel? What are p10 pnels made out of?

Post Thanks / Like

good question....

Post Thanks / Like

My P10 panel marquee is set on top of a 2x4 frame. Then the unit is slid into a slightly larger wood frame made from 1x6. Once inside I can center the inner frame. That then leaves me room in front for a sheet of Plexiglas of which I put rubber door jam strips around the inside before I put the glass in. The back is a simple piece of 1/4" plywood that I screw in. I use a couple of long screws to connect the two frames together. This way if I need I can slide the entire inner, panel, frame out for repairs. I then use NeverWet

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ole...4232/204216476

on the entire outside of the frame. This keeps the wood water tight. I have used this design for several years on both my old LED marquee and my new P10 panel marquee. I have never had water issues. I can get pics if needed.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome thank you, im trying to avoid the frame as of now being its 54 panels and going on the second story window so im doing a frames one then wrapping in clear stuff for now until I find if theres a better way to waterproof the front

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked into greenhouse panels.

I have seen 6mm twinwall polycarbonite as large as 6 x 12 feet

Joel
    Lets get serious, I have over 10,000 channels on my back, just where do you want to start counting.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    My P10 panel marquee is set on top of a 2x4 frame. Then the unit is slid into a slightly larger wood frame made from 1x6. Once inside I can center the inner frame. That then leaves me room in front for a sheet of Plexiglas of which I put rubber door jam strips around the inside before I put the glass in. The back is a simple piece of 1/4" plywood that I screw in. I use a couple of long screws to connect the two frames together. This way if I need I can slide the entire inner, panel, frame out for repairs. I then use NeverWet

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ole...4232/204216476

on the entire outside of the frame. This keeps the wood water tight. I have used this design for several years on both my old LED marquee and my new P10 panel marquee. I have never had water issues. I can get pics if needed.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

My marquee is currently in storage. Will try to pull it out this weekend and take pics.