OK, I'm planning my first prop and would like a quick review of my concept.

I'm more of a halloween person, so that is where I am starting. I saw the spider on Nick A's youtube channel (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zSO9DRM1eSY), and want to take it to the next level. Basically, I am planning to use RGB bullet pixels inserted into PVC pipe, and control it as though it were a 360 degree, 8 strand "mega tree".

I'm planning to get 5V "promotional" pixels from Ray Wu (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...2d9f956dRCQSZE). These are 50/string, and I'd get 8 strings, one for each leg. These will be daisy chained together, and power inserted using 3-2-3 T cables. So there will be 1 "universe", or string of 400 lights (plus an extra 32 for the eyes). If all the lights were on at the same time at full power, I'd need about 30A, which at 5V is 150W power supply.

I believe the high level approach I need to follow is:
1) Create a sequence in lights on my desktop computer
2) Sneakernet the sequence to an RPi running Falcon Pi Player
3) The RPi is hooked to a Falcon PiCap (can control 2 universes at 800 pixels, I'm only using 1 with 432)
4) Lights on first leg are hooked to PiCap

I know there are many possible workflows, but is what I have outlined above complete and correct? Have I missed any links? Is there a "better" or more "recommended" way?

I'm also planning to "interlace" the pixels in the PVC by inserting a pixel into every other hole on the way down, then filling in the gaps on the way up. This allows me not to have to create a return signal all the way back up the leg. With 5" spacing between the pixels, this should easily allow for 2.25" effective spacing, of >9' of effective length, which should be good for each leg. I may go with tighter spacing later to increase the density at the expense of overall height. I assume that xlights has an option to control lights wired in this manner.

I'm planning to have this as a standalone prop. The brains would be in an enclosure on the back. Inside the enclosure would be a power supply, the RPi, and the PiCap. The only inputs to the enclosure would be a power cord. There would be 8 outputs from the enclosure. (1x) 3-wire output to the first leg, and (7x) 2 wire power outputs that would connect into the 3-2-3 T cables.