Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most complex song I've made to date (1 month of sequencing) - The Greatest Show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Most complex song I've made to date (1 month of sequencing) - The Greatest Show

Excellent!
    Ed
    Happily retired

2. Likes notw22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Most complex song I've made to date (1 month of sequencing) - The Greatest Show

Awesome,
    Awesome,
    and
    Awesome.

Cant wait to see it in blinky flashy

4. Thanks notw22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is SO awesome. Great job. It's going to be my first year using all pixels and switching over to xLights so I have a lot to figure out to come close to something like this.

6. Thanks notw22 thanked for this post
    Likes notw22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Can you provide some insight where you edited the song? And or which version you used?

8. Thanks notw22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work. I like the double row of lights on the fascia boards of the eaves and also the use of different sizes of arches.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

10. Thanks notw22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! I love it!!! Does the song great justice!!!
    Just going to make to slow transition to pixels this year
    With lighted arches and some pixel trees.

I will have to figure this out for my display

12. Thanks notw22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... that's awesome! Uhmmm……. can you come to my house and sequence my show for me?

14. Thanks notw22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    Good job. Can you provide some insight where you edited the song? And or which version you used?
    Hi mikeh65, Sure thing, With the original song, there is a really long intro I cut out.
    The original song is about 5 minutes long. I cut out the first 53 seconds of it to start with the WOAHs right before Huge Jackman sings.
    Then, since his first few lines are pretty darn quiet compared to the rest of the song, I bumped the volume of his voice up to make it easier to hear him using Final Cut Pro (or any video editing software would do). That's about all I did with the song. I used the original soundtrack song when I purchased the whole album.
    notwlights.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Wow.... that's awesome! Uhmmm……. can you come to my house and sequence my show for me?
    Haha! Funny Tommy!,
    When sequencing, I try follow an animation principle of focusing attention in one location at a time on the house. When too many things are happening at once, it gets too blinky and distracting. So by focusing on one area to match the song, the rest of the lights should support the focus by not taking attention away from your focal point... or give it good reason to when the song demands it. I am always trying to "tell the story" of each song in the lights... taking the viewers along the visual ride. I have 10 other completed songs for inspiration on my vimeo channel or directly off my website: notwlights.com
    notwlights.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12