Thread: Broadcasted disclaimer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broadcasted disclaimer?

does anyone here who does a light show have a disclaimer message for songs that may have fast, bright, flashing lights? I have programmed a song with just that and want to display only on a weekend kind of deal but want to broadcast a message before that particular song for the audience that may not be able to handle that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Broadcasted disclaimer?

I have lots of songs with flashing lights. No disclaimer.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

While it's nice to consider others, I would think that anyone - who has an issue with flashing lights - would already be aware of the potential issues whenever they go to watch some flashing lights... If someone with peanut allergies goes to a peanut farm, should the peanut butter samples include a disclaimer or warning?

But that's just my philosophy. If you want to broadcast a warning message, then I think should broadcast that message. If nothing else, it tells your viewers that are are concerned for their welfare. How could that ever be bad or wrong?

Jimboha
    Last edited by jimboha; 05-17-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    Springville, Utah

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is really good to consider this. I also thought that it would be obvious that the show has flashing, blinking, strobing lights. Then again, I also thought that when ordering coffee from a McDonald's drive through, one would know the coffee was going to be hot.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

5. Likes Ruppro liked this post