Thread: Anyone using QLC+?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone using QLC+?

I'm just curious to know if anyone is using QLC+ to program and sequence? I've worked with professional lighting controllers and QLC+ has several features that support this type of workflow (Simple Desk, Virtual Console, Channels groups, Fixture editor, etc ...).

Would this be a good platform to build a Christmas light show on?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone using QLC+?

having looked over the website but not ever using qlc , no I don't think it would be a good christmas light show software. it does have sone nice features but that will not help much to build the type of light show you can build with vixen or xlights.
    Last edited by MikeKrebs; 05-17-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used QLC+ before and I do not think it would be good to sequence with. Its good for stage production type control and works well for on the fly or pre-programmed light shows, but youd be better off with xLights or Vixen for sequencing.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. Ill have to get a little more familiar with Vixen. I was put off by the lack of ability to build presets and static cues.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get around a lighting desk or QLC+ I think youll be able to figure out Vixen pretty easily. I did miss not having presets and pallets like youd traditionally have with a lighting desk, but you can do pretty much all you need by copying/pasting from previous sequences. You just have to shift your thinking abit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jguenther View Post
    If you can get around a lighting desk or QLC+ I think youll be able to figure out Vixen pretty easily. I did miss not having presets and pallets like youd traditionally have with a lighting desk, but you can do pretty much all you need by copying/pasting from previous sequences. You just have to shift your thinking abit.
    Thanks for the info. It would be great if some of that functionality showed up in future releases on Vixen (hint hint ).

Post Thanks / Like

This may be what you are after

http://videos.xlights.org/mobile/juk...09c397b15.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk