Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a purchased superstar sequence

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help with a purchased superstar sequence

Anyone one know how to use a SS MEGA TREE sequence? After I buy it what do I do with it? Also can I edit purchased sequence if I want to change a part of them?

Thanks to all in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help with a purchased superstar sequence

Where did you buy it? If you bought it from the Light-o-Rama sequence store, and it's truly a SuperStar sequence, that means it was designed in LOR's SuperStar sequencer software. To edit it, you'd likely need to have the Light-o-Rama software. And it may be specifically designed for LOR controllers and other products, too.

You don't give a lot of information or direction in your question so this answer is pretty generic, although it may point you back to the place from which you bought the sequence.

If you decide not to purchase the other things you need to actually use the sequence you've bought, you may be able to negotiate a return and get some money back. YMMV....

Good luck. May the Schwartz be with you.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store may very likely close at the end of this year.
    While it's still open, please check us out for blinky-flashy gizmos that nobody else on the planet makes!

3. Thanks Breeze thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you purchase SS sequence, as i have purchased many for my Mega Tree,, it will come with the LMS file ,and ma SUP file, ,the SUP ,file will need to be opened in SuperStar, the LMS file is the actually sequence that will need to be opened in Light O Rama Sequence Editor. Yes, they can be edited, i have edited several of mine.

5. Thanks Breeze thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The SUP file can be imported into Xlights and edited with similar Superstar effects.
    Xlights.org
    David Pitts
    PixelController, LLC
    PixelController.com

7. Thanks Breeze thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your help.. I have a small show 32 LOR AC channels and I have 3 E1.31 controllers that I use for my RGB nodes (House outline arches and other) I program in LOR and use LOR Pixel Editor for the RGB nodes. This year I going to add a 16 channel mega tree (E1.31 controller with 16 RGB WS2811 nodes) Im goin to be buying the SS add in and I am learning it now.

There are some pre made sequences that Id like to buy ( I have not yet) just for the mega tree and didnt know how to use them. I understand I need to have the SS sequencer to use them but was unclear as to what to do with them when I buy them. I think I have a better understanding of it now thanks to all of you..

Another question I have is, In the LOR pixel editor, I open a sequence editor sequence I created, I do my pixel editor programming and than just save (Or export) as a intensity file and then within the sequence editor sequence the intensity file is there and it plays along with the sequence.. (Its very straight forward - as i'm sure you guys know better than me), in SS, does it work the same way, after I do my SS sequence do I just save or export as an intensity file and it will place itself into my sequence editor sequence?

The directions were not clear on this, at least to me..

One last question, can I use SS and pixel editor together on the same prop in the same song in the same sequence? Meaning, lets say I want to use pixel editor for half the song on my mega tree, but the second half of the song I want to use SS effects on the tree, is this possible? Or do I have to stick to one or the other?

Hope that made sense? YOU GUYS ARE GREAT thank you all very much for your time and help here..

Breeze

Post Thanks / Like

If I can recommend, the LOR forum can probably best address those specifics. Forums.Lightorama.com. I found them very helpful for years before migrating to Xlights.

With the recent changes in integration between the various editors LOR has, they would have the most up to date information.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, yes I just signed up over at that forum and I am hoping to get some help.. I would love to use xlights but for some reason have a brain block on it.. I have dabbled but it seems hard for me I guess because im so use to LOR.. Do you have any advice on how best to learn xlights out side of the videos and documentation? Any tips or tricks would be great.. My main issue was that its not that great for AC lights and I couldnt figure that part out all that well. But more importently, I couldnt make heads or tails of how to get my AOL sequences (Including my RGB pixel editer sequences) over to xlights.. I read all the docs on it but never understood it fully so I went back to LOR..

Any advice on how to port over LOR sequences so I dont have to reprogram all my sequences if I use xlights?

Thank you for your time its greatly appreciated..
    Breeze

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
    The SUP file can be imported into Xlights and edited with similar Superstar effects.
    Xlights.org
    Sid enote on that, make sure you have a prop already set up in Xlights, or it will not import.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
    Thank you, yes I just signed up over at that forum and I am hoping to get some help.. I would love to use xlights but for some reason have a brain block on it.. I have dabbled but it seems hard for me I guess because im so use to LOR.. Do you have any advice on how best to learn xlights out side of the videos and documentation? Any tips or tricks would be great.. My main issue was that its not that great for AC lights and I couldnt figure that part out all that well. But more importently, I couldnt make heads or tails of how to get my AOL sequences (Including my RGB pixel editer sequences) over to xlights.. I read all the docs on it but never understood it fully so I went back to LOR..

Any advice on how to port over LOR sequences so I dont have to reprogram all my sequences if I use xlights?

Thank you for your time its greatly appreciated..
    Breeze
    I would start by joining the official xLights Facebook group. Taking a look at the xessentials series and joining the Wednesday night zoom calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I paid the money for SuperStar and dont like it. Im going to use the regular pixel editor this year.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs

Christmas Lights On 16th Street - Facebook Page
    Christmas Lights On 16th Street - YouTube Page

Moved Beginning Of 2018, New Display With A New Name Coming End Of 2018!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast