Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY E1.31 Bridge and Pixel extender setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY E1.31 Bridge and Pixel extender setup

Quote Originally Posted by boyelroy11 View Post
    got it, thank you. I didn't scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Post Thanks / Like

Uploaded new firmware --- all seems right with the world; for now... thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
    What exactly is the problem? Are you running version 4.03? There was a fix for the different timings of WS2811 ICs.
    So I tried the -300,-400, and -500 and no change on my pixels other than that they now all come on in what I think is white mode. The pixabulbs seem to respond better.

One question: when I load the -300, etc. The bridge webpage only shows "4.03" as the version. Should it show 4.03-300?

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Prop Plug. Quick question, do I power up the board when I do the upload or leave it off?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    Got my Prop Plug. Quick question, do I power up the board when I do the upload or leave it off?
    Edited. My error- yes, the bridge needs to be powered up. After a video call with Mike, we figured that out, lol.

Also- the 4.03 firmware I linked to may not fix your immediate need, go to the post linked HERE for various timings. The 400 worked for me.

Bruce
    Last edited by boyelroy11; 05-17-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm having a problem with my Prop Plug. When I try to upload I get an error back saying "No Propeller Chip on any serial port". I have tried this on two different bridges and with three different computers. Not sure it I'm doing anything wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I am at work for a few more hours. I can help tonight. I'll PM you my phone #.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    Ok, I'm having a problem with my Prop Plug. When I try to upload I get an error back saying "No Propeller Chip on any serial port". I have tried this on two different bridges and with three different computers. Not sure it I'm doing anything wrong.
    I had the same issue. I tried another USB port on the lap top and it worked. I believe your issue is that the computer is not recognizing the plug. While there is a fix for that, I'll leave that to someone who knows more than I do

Post Thanks / Like

I have now tried two different USB cables and several USB ports. My computer sees the plug because I can see the com port come and go when plugged in and un-plugged.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, first of all, thank you to boyelroy11 for the phone conversation. I was able to get the Firmware and Prop Plug to work. Mental note, the board needs to be powered up for it to work.

But now I have a new issue. I am able to get the lights to turn on but not control them. They come on white except for the first pixel. It sometimes changes colors with what I select but none of the others. I tried all three speeds 300, 400, and 500. None seem to work with these new pixels. Anyone else tested the 12v bullet pixels from DIYLED Express with the E1.31 6-Port Bridge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast