Thread: Falcon distro boards ?? Will they distribute DATA instead of pwr???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falcon distro boards ?? Will they distribute DATA instead of pwr???

Just curious but has anyone tried to distribute Only a data signal with this block, instead of pwr??
    Example) like the falcon pi cap data output to the pwr into on the distro board to send the exact same signal to multiple pixel strings?? Would it be possible?? Just curious

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Falcon distro boards ?? Will they distribute DATA instead of pwr???

I haven't tried it with a distro board, but I have done this by splicing the data lines together. It worked fine for me. With some of my GECE pixels I split the signal to 5 strings. I haven't tried it with WS2811 pixels but it should work. Give it a try and test it out. What are you trying to accomplish with this?

Post Thanks / Like

All the power distro boards I've seen for this hobby are for power distribution only. They do not regenerate the data signal. If you need to split a data signal, the best way would be to use a Falcon F-amp as a signal booster.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the renard plus shop. They sell a pixel splitter kit

http://renard-shop.com/home/61-octoscroller-cape.html

P.S. the link shows the octoscroller cape but it's the splitter.
    2013 - 6,000 Incans all static, 1 mega tree
    2014 - 12,500 Incans all static, 27 wireframes, 3 mega trees
    2015 - 20,000 Mostly LED, 45 wireframes, 4 mega trees, 72 renard channels, 16 LOR channels
    2016 - 25,000+ lights mostly LED, 50+ wireframes, 4 mega trees, 176 renard channels, 16 LOR channels, 800 pixels

https://www.facebook.com/Stoney-Ridg...6107967233852/

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that there are several data spiltters out there. The idea behind them is to have a duplicate data stream going to each one. Each one gets the data at the proper levels.

On the other side, I know of one very reputable person that simply fed the data signal to all of the "branches" that he wanted. He simply connected all data+s, all data -s, and made sure there was plenty of power to the prop. They work very well.
    The thing to remember is there is only so much power used to transmit data, so if you split it among 2, 3 or more pixel strings, it may not be enough to trigger any of them. However, I know the person I am speaking of did so with multiple pixel strips on a single pole. I believe he had 5, but there may have been more.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMerk View Post
    Look at the renard plus shop. They sell a pixel splitter kit

http://renard-shop.com/home/61-octoscroller-cape.html

P.S. the link shows the octoscroller cape but it's the splitter.
    Very interesting, i am going to have to try this.one out. I knew I could.not be the only person out there looking to split the same signal multiple times.

Post Thanks / Like

My Pi board will do that, it drives out the same signal on two sets of CAT5 signals.