Thread: Venting Q?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Venting Q?

im currently purchasing everything for my controller box build, is a vet on my box needed in cold climates? or can i do without one

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Venting Q?

I don't have them in mine. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. I purposely don't push my power supplies hard to help keep the heat down. I checked my cases a few times throughout the season and they were not hot at all.

Post Thanks / Like

There are on average 14 controllers in our setup. We have had to add a vent on one of them.
    With that said, all 13 of the others will have vents added this year, not because we have to, but because we feel it would be good - just in case we have a warm December.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

All my CG-1500 boxes with one power supply and controller don't have a vent, and haven't had any issues. The ones with 2 power supplies I added one just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in southeast Michigan and do not have vents in any of my enclosures. I leave my power supplies and controllers powered up 24/7 for the duration of the display season (Thanksgiving to mid-January). The enclosures are barely warm so no problem in this climate. I think they generate just enough heat to keep condensation at bay. I do not fully seal the area where the wires come in at the bottom so the enclosures can breathe and, if water does get in (it never has), it can get out. Your results may vary...
    Ed
    Happily retired