Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RBL LED Bulb Dimmable?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RBL LED Bulb Dimmable?

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Interesting.
    Mine are plastic C9 shape/size but are most certainly LEDs from last Christmas from Home Depot.
    I bought mine from the manufacturer and they are LED. I had an issue with them and replaced the LEDS with C9's until I could convert them to bullet pixels. I saved the bulbs and will try to test them for dimming this weekend.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent !
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    I bought mine from the manufacturer and they are LED. I had an issue with them and replaced the LEDS with C9's until I could convert them to bullet pixels. I saved the bulbs and will try to test them for dimming this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I did an unofficial dimming test with the factory LEDS, I put a lightbulb socket to plug in adapter in our dining room chandelier (much to my Wifeís dismay) dimming them with a wall dimmer dial didnít work.

Not sure if the dimming stuff everyone uses is the same as that type of dial so YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StickyWicket View Post
    I did an unofficial dimming test with the factory LEDS, I put a lightbulb socket to plug in adapter in our dining room chandelier (much to my Wife’s dismay) dimming them with a wall dimmer dial didn’t work.

Not sure if the dimming stuff everyone uses is the same as that type of dial so YMMV.
    NO, wall dimmers dont have the control we have with a controller. The 25 i had hanging from my gutter line last year had no issues dimming.

Post Thanks / Like

You may also need some additional load. A single LED bulb will not draw enough current to keep most triacs triggered.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    You may also need some additional load. A single LED bulb will not draw enough current to keep most triacs triggered.
    That may be why the 25 i had on the gutter line worked fine. I never did run just a single one.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but work got in the way again. I made a short sequence and using an FPP/RS485/Renard16SS, I hooked up several incans and LED's from the RBL's and the answer is no. The bulbs I have get to about 5%, flicker, then turn off abruptly. Sorry it took so long to test, but using the method I did, it didn't work. They do make good, long lasting night lights, though.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12