Thread: Pixel house outline Arizona advice needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixel house outline Arizona advice needed

I am wanting to put up RGB pixels outline my house windows and garage area. I have made PVC frames that fit in the window frames as well as the garage that I can zip tie the pixel strands to.
    However on my house I have these roof build outs which look like they are preventing me from installing pixel strips indirectly behind the eaves of the top of the house. If anyone has had this problem or knows of a possible solution I would love to hear it. I'm including a few pictures of the eaves over the garage area, so you understand what I'm looking at and trying to do as well as the clips i am looking at using.

Also as a side not what is the max heat level a ip67 pixel strand can take in the summer? I ask since it does get to 120 sometimes here in the summer time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel house outline Arizona advice needed

Mount them on the bottom of the fascia board. The strips can take the AZ heat (I mounted some over the flue to my wood-fired oven and routinely exceeded 120 degrees) but the silicone sleeve is going to yellow if exposed to the sun over long periods. Just the price you pay for having holiday lights in 70 degree weather.

It sounds like you want to leave them up year round and keep them out of the sun. It may not be an option for you. Not to mention that strips are a PITA to repair when one pixel goes bad (and they do).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if this is something you would be interested in but I just started making a clip for those exact style strips. its still a work in progress hehe. but take a look.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2921895

Post Thanks / Like

Those look great! But the other clips work good too.and are very cheap.
    By the way I figured out my problem.
    Working on getting a short clip.of how it looks at night with the lights going.