Thread: Wireless Router / Access Points?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wireless Router / Access Points?

Is there a favored wireless router or router / access point combo for E1.31? Going to start experimenting soon with wireless and wanted to get started on the right foot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wireless Router / Access Points?

You will see many discussions about using and configuring wireless routers. A quick search should let you see. I personally use an Asus router for my network with an EDIMAX repeater.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Many have found that the Ubiquity NanoStation Loco M2 Access Point to be very reliable and provide great coverage. I use it and have had zero complaints. For a router I just use an old Linksys/Cisco router w/ the Wifi disabled. Only using if for DHCP and switching between the Pi/FPP and NanoStation
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Many have found that the Ubiquity NanoStation Loco M2 Access Point to be very reliable and provide great coverage. I use it and have had zero complaints. For a router I just use an old Linksys/Cisco router w/ the Wifi disabled. Only using if for DHCP and switching between the Pi/FPP and NanoStation
    +1 on the Ubiquiti and DHCP router, but I use the PicoStation M2. I need the Omni directional.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice, I'll start with an old router and buy a Ubiquiti AP to start and see how it goes.