Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power injection question.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Power injection question.

i tried the Ts and didn't get good penetration through the wire thus affecting my pwr injection quality. on my props that need injection and share the same pwr supply, 5v or 12v as i use both in my display, i use the standard 3 pin pigtail in the front and add a 2 pin connector for V+/V- at the end with great success. 2 PIN CONNECTOR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by studiopro View Post
    I like the tees because I'm in upstate NY and last year my display was under at least 6" or we had pouring rain. Waterproof connectors are important. Everything I put out is soldered and I use heat shrink over the solder joint and then over all the wires combined.

Also I like that tees gives me flexibility to move things around and add or remove power injection locations if needed. To me in this hobby spending $2 on a tee is hardly going to break the bank with the cost of everything else.
    I use the individual tees I do not use ganged tees or ganged connectors of any sort .

.13 is much better than 2$ when you buy in lots of 100 or more

This hobby will 2$ you to debt if you let it . lmao

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdj6107 View Post
    i tried the Ts and didn't get good penetration through the wire thus affecting my pwr injection quality. on my props that need injection and share the same pwr supply, 5v or 12v as i use both in my display, i use the standard 3 pin pigtail in the front and add a 2 pin connector for V+/V- at the end with great success. 2 PIN CONNECTOR
    I LOVE those connectors and have been using them for a couple of years. I purchased pixels the last two years that have the WaterProof connectors built in. After working with them for a little over a year, I have come to the conclusion I FAR prefer the AMP style connection. I have started cutting off my vendor connections and using amp
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdj6107 View Post
    That sucks . I couldn't imagine one having penetration issues unless there is some weakness associated .
    ie> the wire thickness is incorrect or your not using scotchlok t's . There is a difference in quality
    If you have penetration issues , your best to leave it alone . I highly recommend for the capable and experienced .
    Last edited by angus40; 04-22-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe everyone knows, but just in case there are people that are new and don't know these exist, the tee's I'm referring to are like these:
    HTB1zRYGJVXXXXaDXVXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg

I wanted to make every prop the same, but add power injection where needed, and be able to change things down the road as I expand and change the location of things. As always, many different ways to get something done.

Edit:
    I added picture, but forget the link to Ray's store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12