Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some multi channel sound advise. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need some multi channel sound advise. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Will you be playing from xLights in a PC or with FPP on a pi? That may steer the decision. Pi is only going to do miultichannel via hdmi. There’s more output device options for a PC. But in either case you’ll need to have it in a file that can be synced to your sequence. It seems like DTS or similar in an MP4 file would be the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will be using a laptop. I will have to look into the DTS file idea.. Didn't know you could do that in an MP4..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need some multi channel sound advise. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by plasmadrive View Post
    I will be using a laptop. I will have to look into the DTS file idea.. Didn't know you could do that in an MP4..
    MP4 supports many different audio formats. Exactly which Iím not 100% sure. But I know it does DTS and DTS-MA and TrueHD and all of the common ones. Not sure if itíll do the more specialties like 22.1 and such.

It can also hold more than one audio stream at the same time. Think of your Blu-ray Discs that have multiple audio streams, main 7.1, main stereo, directors commentary, alternate languages, etc. you can have them all in the same file. (Or at least a handful of them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks plasmadrive thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12