Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10_64-bit issue?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Windows 10_64-bit issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ctmal View Post
    I would try and update the killer drivers directly from their website...https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads.

Dell drivers tend be a bit behind the times.
    Thanks for the link....very helpful...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    Yeah saw this problem before....
    Uninstall the Killer Control Center software and update the latest drivers only from their site.
    Had this on one of my other PC's and swore I would never get a MB with Killer NIC onboard. Their software is crap.....
    Thanks Phil..... I'm not up to speed on the latest and greatest so don't know any better than to end up with "Crap"....Haha....

But I did uninstall Killer Control Center or at least tried to....it said not all of it could be removed....but after the uninstall Killer Control Center WAS gone..... I downloaded from their site and reinstalled and definitely have the latest driver for networks......

We shall see, I suppose, over time if this fixes the problem or not.....

Thanks for the suggestion and help..... I probably would't have uninstalled and reinistalled without some nudging from folks more knowledgeable than me.....

Post Thanks / Like

Carl

Here is a good read on the Killer software .

There are pros and cons to almost every windows related application .

My take away from this read is do away with Killer software and uninstall the device .
    Reboot the machine and install a generic driver for the device from Microsoft .
    This application appears to prove that less is more , meaning you are definitely better off without having it installed .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Carl

Here is a good read on the Killer software .

There are pros and cons to almost every windows related application .

My take away from this read is do away with Killer software and uninstall the device .
    Reboot the machine and install a generic driver for the device from Microsoft .
    This application appears to prove that less is more , meaning you are definitely better off without having it installed .
    Thanks Rich..... My problem with doing this stuff is that I don't know what I don't know! Haha..... A generic driver picked by me (insert ignorance of what I don't know to draw an educated pick from) is a sure "Warning Will Robinson....DANGER DANGER" move.....

Anything network related is a mystery to me..... I really struggle with the architecture...... It's a wonder I ever got pixels to run off a network!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12