Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got wrong pixels?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got wrong pixels?

I received my order from Ray for 500 square pixels. They don't work. I've tried everything and the darn things won't come on using a Sandevices E682. I compared the new pixels to my older ones I received over a years ago and they look different. The new ones are supposed to be 2811's but I'm not so sure now. In the pic the older pixel on the left works just fine. The newer pixel on the right looks different and won't work. Now, the strange thing is when I use my tester (pictured) the new pixels work when set to 2811. I'm at a loss where to go now.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I got wrong pixels?

Has the 682 been updated to the newest firmware. I'm not sure if it's your issue but the new 2811 pixels have a new timing.
    And might not work or work right using an older firmware. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post
    Has the 682 been updated to the newest firmware. I'm not sure if it's your issue but the new 2811 pixels have a new timing.
    And might not work or work right using an older firmware. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in.
    This may very well be the issue, i had to upgrade my 682 firmware because the new pixels i got back in november had the new IC timing, and would not work on the older firmware.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    This may very well be the issue, i had to upgrade my 682 firmware because the new pixels i got back in november had the new IC timing, and would not work on the older firmware.
    Well, I thought of that and I had 5.019 firmware. I updated to 5.030 and got a string of 116 pixels on output 1-1 to finally work. So, I added another 100 pixels to output 1-2 and they don't work. I even hooked them up to output 1-1 and they still don't work. This is happening to 2 different strings. Here's the weird thing. I can connect the extra 100 to the end of the 116 and they work. This is doesn't make sense. Btw. The 2 extra strings will work using the pixel tester but not when hooked up to the 682.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I haven't updated so I'm not sure of the exact terms - Have you set the reset time to 300mS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabybear View Post
    Hi, I haven't updated so I'm not sure of the exact terms - Have you set the reset time to 300mS?
    Yep, tried all the settings up to 500.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone close to you that has a falcon? Or even a pixel stick? You could try them out on it. I had to get a falcon because my 682 is having major issues with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Well, I thought of that and I had 5.019 firmware. I updated to 5.030 and got a string of 116 pixels on output 1-1 to finally work. So, I added another 100 pixels to output 1-2 and they don't work. I even hooked them up to output 1-1 and they still don't work. This is happening to 2 different strings. Here's the weird thing. I can connect the extra 100 to the end of the 116 and they work. This is doesn't make sense. Btw. The 2 extra strings will work using the pixel tester but not when hooked up to the 682.

Will the 116 work on 1-2? Do any of the other outputs work? I assume it is set up correctly.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    Anyone close to you that has a falcon? Or even a pixel stick? You could try them out on it. I had to get a falcon because my 682 is having major issues with it.
    I don't think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    Will the 116 work on 1-2? Do any of the other outputs work? I assume it is set up correctly.
    Yes, the 116 works on all outputs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast