Thread: How do I wire this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I wire this?

Hi,

I'm still a noob to this stuff. So far I have only worked with pixels that had +, -, and data in lines. I recently ordered this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC24...311.0.0.UBDclg

On one side it has the 24V line + and - . On the opposite side is signal input and output. The input is labeled Signal input + and - . I would have expected a data in and maybe a clock. I am not sure how to wire this. Is this a data in and ground?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do I wire this?

That light is DMX so it's different then pixels. DMX is differential form of communication. What that means is that you have your data(the plus side) and the inverse of your data(the minus side) and sometimes there is a ground as well. It's a way to help negate the noise and be able to transmit over long distances. DMX can go a few thousand feet vs. pixels at 30 feet or so.

You're going to need something that can talk DMX for the light. I use the DIYLEDExpress bridge for my DMX stuff but a lot of the pixel controllers can output DMX as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response.

I currently have a SanDevices E682 which says it "Supports 2-wire balanced DMX outputs, compatible with standard wired DMX devices." So, I should be able to use that to control it, right?

Post Thanks / Like

That should work.

Post Thanks / Like

On the e682 data and clock become your DMX + and - connections and ground is your DMX ground. Set the e682 output to DMX via the webpage and you should be good to go.

6. Thanks KingChaos thanked for this post