Thread: FPP and Rpi 3B PLUS

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP and Rpi 3B PLUS

I'm just wondering if anyone has got the new Rpi 3B PLUS working with FPP?

I put in MicroSD images or FPP 1.8 and not loading (no activity, Pi GRN LED off). This image does load OK on a RPi 3B (non-PLUS) version so image is OK. If you were able to get FPP working on RpiB PLUS what FPP version are you using and were did you get it? I've read about some Alpha versions and 2.0 versions but not sure if these are what I need and don't know where to download from.

I realize I can just use the Rpi 3B, but I have this PLUS version now and wanted to see if I could get it working with FPP. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP and Rpi 3B PLUS

Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I think I might have saw this post but didn't realize what it was... I will look at it in more detail!

Post Thanks / Like

Just reporting back that I was successful in getting the Rpi 3B PLUS working... Thanks!

I didn't know the STRECH was something needed the the Rpi 3B PLUS so I just skimmed over this post initially. So I just followed the steps of using the BETA download link to get V2.0 and then got Win32DiskImager and used that to write the image to SD card. Plugged in the card, powered the Rpi which booted up quick and then was able to go to FPP/ and get the main FPP page. That's as far as I got today but that was a big step forward because I though there for awhile that the Rpi was broke. Looking good now so thanks again for the help!