Thread: FPP and Rpi 3B PLUS

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP and Rpi 3B PLUS

I'm just wondering if anyone has got the new Rpi 3B PLUS working with FPP?

I put in MicroSD images or FPP 1.8 and not loading (no activity, Pi GRN LED off). This image does load OK on a RPi 3B (non-PLUS) version so image is OK. If you were able to get FPP working on RpiB PLUS what FPP version are you using and were did you get it? I've read about some Alpha versions and 2.0 versions but not sure if these are what I need and don't know where to download from.

I realize I can just use the Rpi 3B, but I have this PLUS version now and wanted to see if I could get it working with FPP. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP and Rpi 3B PLUS

Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I think I might have saw this post but didn't realize what it was... I will look at it in more detail!

Post Thanks / Like

Just reporting back that I was successful in getting the Rpi 3B PLUS working... Thanks!

I didn't know the STRECH was something needed the the Rpi 3B PLUS so I just skimmed over this post initially. So I just followed the steps of using the BETA download link to get V2.0 and then got Win32DiskImager and used that to write the image to SD card. Plugged in the card, powered the Rpi which booted up quick and then was able to go to FPP/ and get the main FPP page. That's as far as I got today but that was a big step forward because I though there for awhile that the Rpi was broke. Looking good now so thanks again for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

I am having the same issue with my Rpi 3b +.. Can you tell me how you got it to work. I have tried everything and spend more then 5 hours on it so far.. .THIS IS CRAZY>>>>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizio_buon_natale View Post
    I am having the same issue with my Rpi 3b +.. Can you tell me how you got it to work. I have tried everything and spend more then 5 hours on it so far.. .THIS IS CRAZY>>>>
    Your answer is three posts back...
    Details are in Dan's link above, but the short answer is you must run FPP Version 2.x for the Pi3b+

Post Thanks / Like

You really want to be using the PI Image from Dan found here That is the latest master branch, then let it update to the latest build from there. There supposedly an issue that can pop up by using the image in the first link then updating. I followed the original post and ran into issues running a master and remote. Once I loaded Dan's image everything worked perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackramair View Post
    You really want to be using the PI Image from Dan found here That is the latest master branch, then let it update to the latest build from there. There supposedly an issue that can pop up by using the image in the first link then updating. I followed the original post and ran into issues running a master and remote. Once I loaded Dan's image everything worked perfectly.
    So I installed version http://fpp.bc2va.org/images/FPP-v2.0...Pi-20180315.zi and it seems okay exceptwifi won't work.
    But your saying to try the version http://dankulp.com/bbb/FPP-v2.0-Beta-Pi-20180709.zi instead. It's newer your recommended version so I'll try it. Confusing to me why that link lower in the page is newer then the top one lol.

Ill try and let you know the results. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

I also installed the version 0315 but had an issue running master and remote once I updated from inside FPP. After some research I came across a thread saying to use Dan's image as it had the newest master branch. So yes we do the SD card using the image from Dan's site and all should be good. Then once up and running make sure you update from inside FPP this will keep you update date with any changes the developers make.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizio_buon_natale View Post
    So I installed version http://fpp.bc2va.org/images/FPP-v2.0...Pi-20180315.zi and it seems okay exceptwifi won't work.
    But your saying to try the version http://dankulp.com/bbb/FPP-v2.0-Beta-Pi-20180709.zi instead. It's newer your recommended version so I'll try it. Confusing to me why that link lower in the page is newer then the top one lol.

Ill try and let you know the results. Thank you.
    Because the others are for the BBB and only the last one is for the Pi.
    Matt