Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preview window sizing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Preview window sizing.

Is making the preview window resizing to fit monitor in the works? I use 2-24" monitors and when I use the second monitor for previewing everything is shifted to the left and previews at the bottom are not all showing. Is there any way to get the preview to fit the screen other than going back to preview set up and scaling it down to 69%, close and update and then the preview is really small. Photo #1 shows preview setup at 100% and photo #2 shows preview set up at 69%. Would be nice to be able to adjust this outside of preview set up.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

2. Likes pixelpuppy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Preview window sizing.

I am running 2 monitors different sizes and in your preview configuration you can change the background prop width and height

this is my larger monitor 1690x900

screen 1600x900.jpg

this is my smaller monitor 1024x768

screen 1024 x768.jpg
    Last edited by TazChaLet; 03-27-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

In it's current form, the actual preview view is not resizable. It will be whatever the size of the background image is. The zoom in the preview setup should not affect the size of the preview window. The fact that it does currently is a bug that some people got used to using, so we decided not to fix it for a while. It has been fixed under a recent ticket though. The preview zoom will reset to 100% every time you leave the preview.

Eventually the whole preview output window is being replaced with an OpenGL implementation. In this version, zooming, panning and resizing are all possible. This project is probably 75% done, but has a few significant reasons that prevent it from being released as is. We had to divert resources from this project to the custom prop editor project and don't have an estimate as to when we'll be getting back to the preview work. BTW, this new preview also supports drawing in full 3D space and supports viewing from different distances and angles. I'll let your mind wander where we might be going with that.

5. Likes AuburnLights liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I had the preview setup window open I had the preview itself on monitor. I dragged the preview window to the second monitor and adjusted the background size to fit the screen. Now I can use the entire monitor for preview. I did find that if I save the settings, close window and update then go back into preview setup the preview window is back in its original space. I have to drag it to the 2nd monitor each time I open preview setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    In it's current form, the actual preview view is not resizable. It will be whatever the size of the background image is. The zoom in the preview setup should not affect the size of the preview window. The fact that it does currently is a bug that some people got used to using, so we decided not to fix it for a while. It has been fixed under a recent ticket though. The preview zoom will reset to 100% every time you leave the preview.

Eventually the whole preview output window is being replaced with an OpenGL implementation. In this version, zooming, panning and resizing are all possible. This project is probably 75% done, but has a few significant reasons that prevent it from being released as is. We had to divert resources from this project to the custom prop editor project and don't have an estimate as to when we'll be getting back to the preview work. BTW, this new preview also supports drawing in full 3D space and supports viewing from different distances and angles. I'll let your mind wander where we might be going with that.
    I am excited to hear the new 3D preview feature is coming. Looking forward to see more 3D features supports, like building 3D props and 3d effect.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    BTW, this new preview also supports drawing in full 3D space and supports viewing from different distances and angles. I'll let your mind wander where we might be going with that.
    now I could have used this last year.... I do a summer & winter show on my uncles boat, was a challenge to figure out how to create the previews...

Post Thanks / Like

Just to be clear, 3d support is not in this year’s release. But we’re laying the groundwork for it as we overhaul the underlying codebase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Jon, I've figured out how to best handle what I wanted. I'm running 2 monitors and when I launch Vixen the preview window is in the main window. I drag the preview over to the other monitor and that's exactly what I wanted. My question is can this setup be saved? When I close out of preview and reopen preview, the preview is back in the main screen. Sample photos attached.
    1st pic is when opening Vixen. 2nd pic is preview moved to second monitor. This is the setup I would like to save.

Last edited by pmiller; 08-02-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s supposed to stay put. I’ll direct Jeff’s attention over here and see what he has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It should stay on the monitor it is on when the preview is closed. I have the same setup and mine stays. Is this in 3.5 or an older version?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast