Thread: SS24 setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default SS24 setup

Hello everyone, on the advice of another member I have started this thread. It is intended for people like me, who have absolutely no idea where to start. I purchased the Renard SS24 kit and starter kit from WayneJ and have been doing some research on how to use it. I have downloaded and installed Vixen and already have 2 songs sequenced. I have read the Renard Wiki pages on the controller also. What I seem to not be able to find is the actual process of getting the SS24 up and running. I have received help on another thread that is invaluable, so I hope that I can share that info here.

Before you flash the PIC, note the serial baud rate.
    After you flash the PIC and remove the pickit:
    Look at the list of serial ports on your PC and note what you have
    Connect the cables and adapters to the PC and controller
    Look at the list of serial ports on your PC and note which one is new. That is your controller serial port.
    Turn on the controller
    turn on Vixen
    Configure a new controller on the vixen setup page to use the new serial port with the proper baud rate.
    Save the setup
    open a sequence and play it. Make sre the rx light blinks and the FE light does not blink.
    Credit: MartinMueller2003

2. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SS24 setup

Update: I received a phone call from the man himself yesterday, WayneJ. Talked for about 15 or 20 minutes with him. He explained a few things to me and this gave me new confidence. I now know I can pull this off, thanks to the over the top customer support I have received. VERY,VERY impressed.
    Thanks WayneJ.

4. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After talking to WayneJ I plugged in the USB with the adapters provided and Vixen saw the COM port. I associated the port with the controller and it all seems to be working now. I still have yet to build the SS24 but I believe that I should have no problems from here on out. BTW all the PICs provided by WayneJ come pre-fleashed so I did not have to do that.

6. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am fortunate to live close enough to Wayne to actually meet him and see one of his displays. Great guy.

(1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1) Falcon F16V3
    (1)E682
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)E1.31 Bridge
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels
    (12)ESPixel Sticks (shelby aka sporadic)

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas

8. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
    I am fortunate to live close enough to Wayne to actually meet him and see one of his displays. Great guy.
    I really enjoyed meeting you as well! It's the people in the hobby that keeps me inspired!
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droneflyer View Post
    Update: I received a phone call from the man himself yesterday, WayneJ. Talked for about 15 or 20 minutes with him. He explained a few things to me and this gave me new confidence. I now know I can pull this off, thanks to the over the top customer support I have received. VERY,VERY impressed.
    Thanks WayneJ.
    You are VERY welcome! I enjoyed our conversation and I am sure you will have blinky flashy without any issues.
    You have my number, just call if you get stuck.
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/
    Facebook - James Family Christmas