Thread: 12v on a falcon receiver board ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12v on a falcon receiver board ?

Hi all jus a quick question , I have a Falcon f16v3 with 4 reviver boards that all work fine, nearly all my pixels ar 5v so obviously use 5v power supplies to both sides of the controller, as I have one prop that uses 12 v will it be ok to run one of the receivers as a 12v with its own supply. Would just like some confirmation before I do , thanks ian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12v on a falcon receiver board ?

Even if not, You can always power inject the 12v. The data line for 12v ws2811 pixels runs at 5v. This allows you to have both 5v and 12v pixels in the same chain. You just need to be careful with power injection.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

You can run each of the receivers at different voltages if you desire. Most of our remotes are pushing 12 volt props, but we have one that pushed (as in we changed this out this spring) 5 volt.

I'm not sure about running 24 volt as we don't have anything there. Check with David Pitts.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the extremely helpful replies , ian

Post Thanks / Like

I would just get a little larger enclosure to house the receiver board and an appropriate sized 12v power supply.