Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New To Halloween.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default New To Halloween.....

This year I want to do a Halloween display but I am a bit stuck.....

Do most of you use lights? homemade/store bought props? interactive elements?

Post pictures of your display if you'd like! I would love to see them.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs

Christmas Lights On 16th Street - Facebook Page
    Christmas Lights On 16th Street - YouTube Page

Moved Beginning Of 2018, New Display With A New Name Coming End Of 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New To Halloween.....

I use a sub set of my xmass lights and signing faces without the tree outlines.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Halloween at our house is about the props. The lighting is added only to accentuate the props (no Xmas light strings i our Halloween display!)

Smoke Machines, Strobes, Spotlights, individually controlled lights. We also use about six 6' 'lifelike' zombie props that we dress up depending on the theme we decided to go with (Pirates, Monsters, Zombies... etc).

I've got everything setup and controlled by E1.31 so the show and sound run from FPP. We place speakers around the yard and by individual elements for effect.

Halloween is its own beast... and shouldn't look anything like Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I work at a charity haunted house and it is all about the props. We use around 15 raspberry pi's (usually one per room) controlling lights and motors from sensors.

I would like to do something at home using lights (likely my singing bulbs with a different "body attachment" for a bat or Frankenstein or something). I built up 40 spooky eye's and have 40 pumpkins that I can put lights into and do lots of neat things... Just need the time. I'm also interested in simple ideas people use in their displays.
    Jason C

Post Thanks / Like

My display is all lights, singing monsters,flashing pumpkins and flood lights and strobes. More then enough for a small yard.
    Props are all homemade from coro,designs are from holiday coro props that they sell, but i changed mouth positions and sizes since they only offer small and large ones. 48 channels, 3 lor controllers
    Last edited by mister softee; 03-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We fill the yard with gravestones and other props co rted in Orange and purple lights. I run the window/eve pixels in Halloween colors as well. On Halloween night we put speakers outside and the lights go to Halloween music. Also have ghost "halograms" in the window (reverse projected onto a bed sheet). Looks awesome from outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default New To Halloween.....

Biggest issue I have with Halloween is keeping the trick-o-treaters from running through the props. So many cords I don't want anyone to trip. Tried fencing the yard in caution tape but they just run under it. Next year we are going to try a fence made out of lights.

We dress up and hide in the yard for the older kids. All the neighbors give out candy and we have a good time.

Last edited by th182; 03-13-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We use also use a subset of my Christmas lights and props, plus a few Halloween-specific props. Of course we animate all to music broadcast on FM radio, but also on a small radio in the front yard.

We put sheets with eyes & mouth on the mini-trees - MiniTree Ghosts. We use a white flood light to simulate lightning. We add some "Spooky Eyes" and a pair of Pumpkin Totems.

As some also have suggested, we include a "Keep-Out Fence" to hopefully let the kiddies realize that they are not welcome IN the yard.

Here's "Monster Mash" video on YouTube.

Jimboha
    Springville, Utah

Post Thanks / Like

th182
    That ghost in the bottom left center of the first picture is intriguing. Is it lighted?
    Ghost 1.PNG
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    th182
    That ghost in the bottom left center of the first picture is intriguing. Is it lighted?
    Ghost 1.PNG
    They are like a wire mesh. The wife picked them up at Gordmans here in MN before they went out of business. Didn't come lighted but I add a floodlight to them. I had to adjust the dimming so it doesnt get too bright or it washes out the rest of the display. I'll try to get a better photo of one. I think we have a set of 3-5 of them in different sizes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast