Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More than one Arduino mega

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: More than one Arduino mega

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Parks View Post
    Hi,

The LED strings I am using have LEDs at alternate polarity. I am using the L298N H bridge to control the LEDs. Two outputs from the Arduino to toggle the H bridge outputs and a PWN channel to dim the LEDs.

I don't think the problem is anything to do with data sync as it happens every time. I had this sketch running for several weeks last Christmas without a single hitch.

I have the Channel count in the Vixen sequence set to 24 with two generic serial ports - one set to channels 1 - 12 and the other for channels 13 - 24. Both the Arduinos have the sketch with 12 channels.

I don't really want to have to move the V3, I don't need the additional features for what I am doing. I only mentioned using V3 as I thought it might be a way of overcoming my problem.

Mike
    I think that the problem lies here. Where exactly do you set the Channel count to 24 in Vixen? I can not think of anywhere that you would configure a number = 24.

You should have the 1st Generic Serial Controller configured in Vixen for 12 channels to match the sketch count of 12 channels.
    You should have the 2nd Generic Serial Controller configured in Vixen for 12 channels to match the sketch count of 12 channels.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I have attached the relevant points in setting up a Vixen sequence where I set the total channel count to 24 and then the two serial ports with 12 channels each.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

OK. I have not used Vixen 2 so I must not be understanding the channel configuration.

You said everything was working well until you tried to add another Arduino. If you decide to try Vixen 3, I think that I can help you.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kev,

Decided to try and learn V3 - very different to V2 so took some time to even get to grip with some basics.

Learnt enough to get two Arduinos working - hurray !!!

Still getting the hang of sequencing but now have the confidence to progress with V3.

Thanks for all your help.

Mike

5. Likes kev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than the name Vixen, V2 and V3 have are very different programs. The way things get sequenced is completely different between the to programs. If you are coming from V2 to V3, you may actually experience a lot of frustration as you try to equate what you did in V2 to how things are done in V3. First thing that you need to let go of is the time box on the grid. It is gone. You line things up where you want them and the program aligns the actions to time. And the fun goes on from there.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12