Thread: Newbie first Halloween singing sequences finished, 48 channels,with floods. What i le

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie first Halloween singing sequences finished, 48 channels,with floods. What i le

I just wanted to say that I am new to this forum. I just wanted to say that I can now understand why this hobby is so addicting. I have just finished my first Halloween show with multiple sequences using xlights, with the new AC lights control bar. Adapting LOR files to work with my own elements.

To all beginners one word of advice, the sequencing and testing the lights to work correctly takes a lot , a lot of time. I would say for each song I have a minimum of an hour and a half, importing his files into my elements, reworking them, testing on lights, rework again, test on lights final time, save finished song sequence.( 12 songs. 43min show: 4 singers, 4 floods(2red,2green),4 strobes, 8 flashing pumpkins)

Also keep very organized!

My current show has 48 channels, anything above the first control box of 16 channels gets very confusing with all the wiring.

This also does not include making the props, extension chords, bulb populating and ordering.ok

Other than that I am psyched for this year's Halloween I'm going to count the days down until I can release the show on the public. Hopefully it will all work out the way I have it planned out.

Now I'm going to have to work on the Christmas singing elements installing the bulbs in the Coro, testing sequences. But I'm waiting on my lights from Holiday lights Express, which I probably won't get until July.

I also Now understand why everyone gets a jump on ordering there lights in January.
    Last edited by mister softee; 03-10-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie first Halloween singing sequences finished, 48 channels,with floods. What

Kudos for starting early! I found that out my first year.

This is truly an addicting hobby and I canít wait to see what youíve done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie first Halloween singing sequences finished, 48 channels,with floods. What

Quote Originally Posted by mister softee View Post
    Adapting Stuarts LOR files to work with my
    Who is Stuart and where did you get his files?

Congrats on the first steps! It is indeed fun when the plan comes together.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is
    Last edited by mister softee; 03-10-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a link to his drop box
    Flash Flash Blink Blink,,Oh What A Relief It Is

where the cold crisp winter weather winds nip at your noses and freezes your toe's es
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to get any flusterpuss going , BUT... Matt ( Stuart ) USED to give his sequences away , UNTILL some scampboogers decided to take HIS work and SELL it on Fleabay as their OWN work.
    Now , mind you , Matt is a SUPER nice guy ( he's not on this forum but on the LOR forum ) and he even use to do special requests ( for FREE )
    ( why might you ask .... probably because he IS the BEST when it comes to doing the faces singing and syncing them .
    Now , before you go passing his work onto others , you MIGHT want to first check with him . ( after all , their not yours to give away )
    Like I said , he is on the LOR forum AND he also sells on Fleabay.
    ( hopefully I don't get in trouble for posting this link to his Fleabay sales , but , figured if anybody wanted to contact him about his synced faces ..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/171501580327

His user ID there is powerjamdancefitness

And IMO , for how excellent he does them , the mere $9.00 he is NOW charging is nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually i appreciate you giving me that link, now i can at least contact him. To thank him, there are lot more then faces in that drop box link, and to decode them to just get what you want out of them is a bit of a challenge, since you have to figure out his elements patterns, to start to convert them into your own. But i would gladly pay him for his work, since it does make for a good basis.

Thank you, this is what i was hoping to get from this original post.