Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St Louis Christmas Show 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default St Louis Christmas Show 2019

I know it's a little early but I received an email from the organizer the other day for a Christmas trade show coming to St Louis Missouri next year. The same organizer has also been hosting a Halloween convention every year for the last few years. Each year it gets bigger. This is the first time they're doing a Christmas convention so hopefully there will be a big turnout. I'm going to do my best to go to this one.

http://www.twchristmasshow.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNv4__V1LA8

or type Christmas lights in st charles in the youtube search bar.
    Leglamp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: St Louis Christmas Show 2019

Ya. That’s quite a ways away. Would be interesting to go to though.

Post Thanks / Like

I also used to volunteer in the Halloween/Haunted House industry for MANY year. Looked forward to that show every year when it was in Chicago. Might be a good reason to visit the St. Louis show again after a few year away to look at Christmas and Halloween at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of interested in their statement (from their website):

"TransWorld’s Christmas Show will be the ONLY industry trade show of its kind in the world. There is no other show that has as many exhibitors and holiday-related products."

Really?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    I'm kind of interested in their statement (from their website):

"TransWorld’s Christmas Show will be the ONLY industry trade show of its kind in the world. There is no other show that has as many exhibitors and holiday-related products."

Really?
    They are thinking BIG

Post Thanks / Like

Attendee. I've closed the DIGWDF Store so I'm not really selling any gear, but that may change after I check out the companies that do animatronics. I think that's the next big thing in Christmas shows. Lights have been fun, but add motion and it takes it to a whole new level.... Maybe we can connect down there! I'll PM my cell to you...

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store has closed. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the nearly seven years we were open!
    The store will remain open for downloading documentation and other files, including Gerbers and DipTrace design files.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I knew you closed your store. I thought maybe you were secretly going back into it but thru trade shows.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNv4__V1LA8

or type Christmas lights in st charles in the youtube search bar.
    Leglamp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Attendee. I've closed the DIGWDF Store so I'm not really selling any gear, but that may change after I check out the companies that do animatronics. I think that's the next big thing in Christmas shows. Lights have been fun, but add motion and it takes it to a whole new level.... Maybe we can connect down there! I'll PM my cell to you...
    Making interesting animatronics accessible to the layperson would be a worthy undertaking. The trouble is that anything but basic motion is difficult for a novice to build. The stuff you made would be an excellent option for controlling animation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    Making interesting animatronics accessible to the layperson would be a worthy undertaking. The trouble is that anything but basic motion is difficult for a novice to build. The stuff you made would be an excellent option for controlling animation.
    That's my end goal -- to provide animatronic "systems" instead of just parts. For example, it's easy to buy servos, gears, screws, rods, motors, etc. but you have to figure every little thing out to be able to make it work together. It's almost a trial-and-error experiment. I think it would be really helpful to have, for example, an "elbow/knee kit" with all the matched parts already included to make that work, and then you'd simply have to assemble it and mount it into your figure to bend the arm or leg. I haven't seen anything like this in the marketplace and I believe it would make animatronics a lot easier for the DIY'er.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store has closed. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the nearly seven years we were open!
    The store will remain open for downloading documentation and other files, including Gerbers and DipTrace design files.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up Adam, Of course I was planning (already) to be out of town that week since it is Spring break time for my kids and wife then. Might have to cut that trip short to make it.

Wonder how it will compare to the Expo for the diy'er/small shows most of us do? It does seem like it would be geared to more commercial type ventures. Plus if the halloween show tickets are any indication the base looks like it would be more if attending seminars, but for us locals wouldn't have travel costs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast