Thread: Joe...special request

Post Thanks / Like

Default Joe...special request

Hey Joe,

I'm using XL/NC for some of my effects. When I drop the .hlsnc file into my HLS sequence I do so while displaying all the individual channels (never been able to get the XL/NC effects when using an .hlsnc file to work properly when using multiple PixelPlanes)...so I've just selected all the channels and inserted the .hlsnc file on all channels.

While I can drop individual models with no problem some of the effects I do are 'whole house' where everything is working off 1 model.... In the past I've been able to drop those right into HLS via .hlsnc files in 1 big transfer without having to go to each individual model and doing them 1 at a time.

I added a lot of pixels this year and when I went to "Manage Channels" and tried to select ALL of my individual channels I'm having a problem with getting them to all display in the sequencer grid. While I AM able to select all the channels with the radio box....when I click "OK" to display them in the sequencer only 10,000 will display in the grid..... I have in excess of 12,000....

This process/technique has been working well for me for several seasons....but the new pixels I added this year apparently blew right through the upper limit....

Would it be possible to bump the viewable/workable channels up from what I assume is a 10,000 limit?

Thanks for considering.....

Carl
    Last edited by Santacarl; 02-16-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Joe...special request

Quote Originally Posted by Santacarl View Post
    Hey Joe,

I'm using XL/NC for some of my effects. When I drop the .hlsnc file into my HLS sequence I do so while displaying all the individual channels (never been able to get the XL/NC effects when using an .hlsnc file to work properly when using multiple PixelPlanes)...so I've just selected all the channels and inserted the .hlsnc file on all channels.

While I can drop individual models with no problem some of the effects I do are 'whole house' where everything is working off 1 model.... In the past I've been able to drop those right into HLS via .hlsnc files in 1 big transfer without having to go to each individual model and doing them 1 at a time.

I added a lot of pixels this year and when I went to "Manage Channels" and tried to select ALL of my individual channels I'm having a problem with getting them to all display in the sequencer grid. While I AM able to select all the channels with the radio box....when I click "OK" to display them in the sequencer only 10,000 will display in the grid..... I have in excess of 12,000....

This process/technique has been working well for me for several seasons....but the new pixels I added this year apparently blew right through the upper limit....

Would it be possible to bump the viewable/workable channels up from what I assume is a 10,000 limit?

Thanks for considering.....

Carl
    1080 just may be the limit !
    Last edited by angus40; 02-17-2018 at 03:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    1080 just may be the limit !
    Yeah....I wasn't sure and just thought I'd ask about the possibility......nothing ventured.................!

Post Thanks / Like

Carl:

Zip up your sequence folder and send it to me so I can see if I can quickly increase it.

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Carl:

Save a copy of the existing HLS.exe.

I took a stab at changing my group size from 10,000 to 20,000.

Don't know if THAT is the fix but a New version of HLS --- 26A is available

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHinkle View Post
    Carl:

Save a copy of the existing HLS.exe.

I took a stab at changing my group size from 10,000 to 20,000.

Don't know if THAT is the fix but a New version of HLS --- 26A is available

Joe
    Hey Joe,

Sorry I missed your request for my sequence folder.....BUT 26A works like a champ! I am now able to drop the entire .hlsnc file from XL/NC into my HLS sequence. Thanks for responding so quickly..... That will save me lots of time....and as usual you come through like a trooper.....